Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Global climate change is settled science. Period.

John

Far from it. In fact GW alarmism has damaged the credibility of the scientific community more than anything else has for decades.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Resident octogenarian

First they wanted it to be from the cradle to the grave.

Now it is from erection to ressurection.

Up until the seventh month the foetus is essentially a parasite because under normal circumstance it cannot survive outside of the uterus prior to that.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezz View Post
Far from it. In fact GW alarmism has damaged the credibility of the scientific community more than anything else has for decades.
It's settle science. What it's not is settled politics and, of course, nothing in politics is ever settled.

John
Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
First they wanted it to be from the cradle to the grave.

Now it is from erection to ressurection.

Up until the seventh month the foetus is essentially a parasite because under normal circumstance it cannot survive outside of the uterus prior to that.
Not really. It's from erection to partum. Postpartum they really don't give a shit.

John
Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
There is no equality in understanding or parity in terms of research between religion and science on ANY of the things you list.

Global climate change is settled science. Period.

Scientists are working on all of the rest of the phenomena you list and are making significant progress toward understanding them.

Religion says nothing on any of these subjects beyond declaring them "Divine Mysteries".

John
Global warming is not settled science. The data shows that there has been increases and decreases in earth's temp over millions of years. The faction that wants to contend that the most recent warming trends are attributable to man-made conditions has far from proven its case.

To accept that global warming is man-made, or that such things as dark matter or black holes may be real because they are predicted by our current understanding of physics, requires a leap of faith. To accept that there may be a divine influence that might explain current unexplained scientific phenomenon requires a leap of faith.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Global warming is not settled science. The data shows that there has been increases and decreases in earth's temp over millions of years. The faction that wants to contend that the most recent warming trends are attributable to man-made conditions has far from proven its case.

To accept that global warming is man-made, or that such things as dark matter or black holes may be real because they are predicted by our current understanding of physics, requires a leap of faith. To accept that there may be a divine influence that might explain current unexplained scientific phenomenon requires a leap of faith.
Firstly, you're not addressing the original point. Where is the parity between religious and scientific thinking on any of the things you listed, or on anything for that matter.

Second, global climate change is demonstrable fact. I don't expect you to believe it because to do so runs counter to your political beliefs but that changes nothing.

John
Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Admin

Quote:

You're wrong again,Whell. First in your premise that anyone believes that the current rise is completely attributable to our CO2 emmissions. The settled part is our CO2 emmissions are making it much worse than what would be on it's own. Sheesh, read something.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
To accept that there may be a divine influence that might explain current unexplained scientific phenomenon requires a leap of faith.
Or a willingness to be deceived in an effort to have simple answers to difficult questions.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Admin

Gaw, I just love it when the wingnuts compare scientific methodology to a faith based religulous theory. Leaps of faith vs. mathematics? Ohhhh, puleeze.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Anthropologic global warming is hypothesis. Nobody has presented a model with verified actual results and it has died down in the media because it's simply not been happening. We apparently peaked in temps in 1996.