We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Treason for starters?

Barney

We're not at war with the Russians, not even a cold one. I think Congress would have to pass legislation to make the type of activity being alleged as treasonous first. People have been wrongly accused of treason before in this country with detrimental results.

Last edited by nailer; 03-24-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:17 PM

""Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."" 18 U.S. Code § 2381

I'd be willing to let a independent court decide this one.

Would you?

Barney
Old 03-24-2017, 09:21 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
""Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."" 18 U.S. Code § 2381

I'd be willing to let a independent court decide this one.

Would you?

Barney
Like I said, I don't see how what is being claimed regarding Russia and the Trump campaign meets this criteria. I'm open to a rational explanation though. For example, who within the Trump campaign is waging war on the US and what current US policy declares Russia as an enemy?

Let's wait until someone is charged with treason before determining if the courts are capable of being independent in the case. I'm pretty sure they will be, just as I'm pretty sure our legal system won't charge/try anyone based on the current evidence.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:49 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
What would they be charged with?
Appropriating the chant just feels so right! But you would have to ask that. Can't say I know just now. Let's just say clarification on that is part of the assumption.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
We're not at war with the Russians, not even a cold one. I think Congress would have to pass legislation to make the type of activity being alleged as treasonous first. People have been wrongly accused of treason before in this country with detrimental results.
I get the impression that you have little problem with foreign governments manipulating our elections. You seem to be defending the practice. Am I just reading you wrong?
Old 03-25-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
I get the impression that you have little problem with foreign governments manipulating our elections. You seem to be defending the practice. Am I just reading you wrong?
The election got "manipulated"? Explain how? Which voting machines were compromised? Which election officials were paid off to compromise the votes or the voting process? In which cities or communities did corruption of the voting process occur? Who investigated and confirmed tampering with votes?
Old 03-25-2017, 07:41 AM

Russia is at war with the USA. Granted it is not a hot one at this time but a cyber war. Russia is not a friend to Democracies and free speech.
When you have the apparent collusion between US citizens and Russians to undermine effect the outcome of an election. How is that not treason? Members of a campaign also on Russia's and other countries payrolls. Then hiding it denying it till the evidence is overwhelming. Russia pays for results period.

Barney
Old 03-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
The election got "manipulated"? Explain how? Which voting machines were compromised? Which election officials were paid off to compromise the votes or the voting process? In which cities or communities did corruption of the voting process occur? Who investigated and confirmed tampering with votes?
You've got the GOP talking points down pat. Nobody here on this board or on the national stage has stated anything about manipulating voting machines, etc. This has never been the issue, but it remains the GOP retort to consensus findings that Russia did indeed engage in a program of hacking, fake news, etc. to influence voters in Trump's favor (with possible Trump team collusion), the success of which cannot be determined exactly. However, there's little doubt that it occurred and you know it full well. It just pains you to admit that your Trumpenfuhrer got a push across the line by Russia.

Your retort is analogous to a baseball fan, who upon finding out that league investigators have concluded that his team took PED's, used corked bats and threw spitballs to help win the World Series, responds "Yeh, but they didn't hack the electronic scoreboard!"

Last edited by finnbow; 03-25-2017 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Try reading the news on a daily basis and you may be shocked to find out that there is an active investigation going. There are nagging questions like why did Manafort get replaced after six months, Flynn get fired after a month on the job, Sessions recuse himself? Sort of a mini swamp around Trump is what some people see. Then there are the leaks and the leakers which is a bitch when it's not working for you, but no one really has ever been able to stop it have they? And why is Nunes playing lapdog for Trump?
Old 03-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Try reading the news on a daily basis and you may be shocked to find out that there is an active investigation going. There are nagging questions like why did Manafort get replaced after six months, Flynn get fired after a month on the job, Sessions recuse himself? Sort of a mini swamp around Trump is what some people see. Then there are the leaks and the leakers which is a bitch when it's not working for you, but no one really has ever been able to stop it have they? And why is Nunes playing lapdog for Trump?
The question is were the alleged election manipulations illegal? The reality is that the investigation, no matter it's official outcome, is fueling the fire storm to dispose of Trump as our President. It's also politics as usual, damage the opposition. Sort of like what the Russians just did to us in November.