Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Well, Dr. Blue, I concur with your analysis, but with the addendum that I don't really care.

I've enough fish to fry in this world without concerning myself about the second. I'll deal with it if and when I get there.

Chas
We appear to be of the same mind in this regard.

Dave
Old 01-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

2 churches? You referring to Revelation? The were examples. The followers of Islam wiped those churches off the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post

If "this" is all there is, it's pretty pointless and a cosmic joke.
With no one to laugh!

Pete
Old 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bill View Post
I was hoping that this thread would be a show and tell of modern religions.

And I am surprised that only one member here has looked into his or her religion.

If solipsism was true, I surely would have have imagined a more cooperative group.

My beliefs are not important at all, unless they stimulate someone that questions the status quo, and begins to look for answers to find truth,

Bill
Looking at your avatar, I do wonder if you have ever fallen off that high horse you sit on.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Looking at your avatar, I do wonder if you have ever fallen off that high horse you sit on.
I think the fact that this thread, intended for everyone to show case the depth of their religious beliefs, having pretty much fallen on its face------Says something.

Dave
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

You want theological debates about meenew-oot-a? Our what current humans say about others 2000 years ago?

Besides, it ended up being kinda fun. To quote our favorite philosopher, we's fart smellers.

Pete
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Admin

I looked into the history of mine and it scared the bejesus outta me, whole lotta shakin' goin' on.

Like hospitals I try to stay out of churches, just isn't healthy for man nor beast.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 AM

Hey folks,
the village idiot has wandered back in, you shoulda changed the locks before I came back.

I read all 19 pageds of this thread and then found out it was kind of old and cold - but dangit I got something to say here.

The question was if anyone had researched the roots of their religion?
I tried. I was catholic.

In a nutshell, catholicism is correct becasue they say it is.

BUT - what I found interesting was HOW christianity became a powerful religion. After readin this thread and not seeing any mention of what I am about to propose, I have to wonder if I am delusional.

Christianity comes from Christ. Is he God? Big question but outside the scope of the OP's question.
Emperor Constatine embraced christianity in the 3rd century. It occured at the same time the bible was put together as "The Book". As you folks are aware, christians were originally feline fodder.
My understanding is that the christians had become enough of a presence that hey could no longer be avoided. By embracing "christianity", he was able to dominate and control it. He used it as a political tool to control the masses.

Hasn't anyone else ever heard this theory???
Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Hey folks,
the village idiot has wandered back in, you shoulda changed the locks before I came back.

I read all 19 pageds of this thread and then found out it was kind of old and cold - but dangit I got something to say here.

The question was if anyone had researched the roots of their religion?
I tried. I was catholic.

In a nutshell, catholicism is correct becasue they say it is.

BUT - what I found interesting was HOW christianity became a powerful religion. After readin this thread and not seeing any mention of what I am about to propose, I have to wonder if I am delusional.

Christianity comes from Christ. Is he God? Big question but outside the scope of the OP's question.
Emperor Constatine embraced christianity in the 3rd century. It occured at the same time the bible was put together as "The Book". As you folks are aware, christians were originally feline fodder.
My understanding is that the christians had become enough of a presence that hey could no longer be avoided. By embracing "christianity", he was able to dominate and control it. He used it as a political tool to control the masses.

Hasn't anyone else ever heard this theory???
Nothing has changed. Using religious beliefs to sway people is still as common as ever. In my opinion....religion has never been anything but a political tool.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Nothing has changed. Using religious beliefs to sway people is still as common as ever. In my opinion....religion has never been anything but a political tool.
Agreed, but my point was that Catholicism actual became a church under Constaninople. Before this it was christians. In other words the entire life of the church as an organized religion was born from politics, not from religious beliefs. The religious beliefs were simply the tool used to control the masses.

This is one of hte main reasons I became an angnostic. There is simply no way a church founded on politics but preaching religion can hold an ethical line and provide the truth about "God". It is the ultimate perversion of virtue and ethics.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

JC I largely agree. As Jesus tore the drape between the people and the alter in two there is no legitimate claim from organizations to be required for salvation.

Pete