Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2022, 03:32 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

The Republican party has adopted the Führerprinzip (leadership principle) of the Germans in the 1930s. This is the notion that loyalty to a leader who defines what is true and right is the overriding obligation. The Republicans' embrace of Trump's Big Lie that he won the last presidential election is a perfect instance of this principle. Here, moreover, it is directly set against a core value of liberal democracy, that of fair elections.

https://www.ft.com/content/711fe67c-...2-635ec27f0993

Last edited by finnbow; 08-23-2022 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:36 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Here is Denver Riggleman’s, former Republican Congressman from VA, response to this assertion:

I don’t agree. There is plenty of “thought” and strategy with many facets of the GOP (including extreme elements)—with many planning election takeovers at local, state and federal levels. To dismiss it as simply emotional and “all revenge” is short-sighted. And perilous.
I took the assessment as being a description of the state of the r/w masses, not a dismissal of the plots and plans of those feeding their beliefs.
Old 08-23-2022, 03:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I took the assessment as being a description of the state of the r/w masses, not a dismissal of the plots and plans of those feeding their beliefs.
I hear ya. I'm just passing along Riggleman's thoughts (he's a good dude with extensive experience in military intelligence and a former advisor to the J6 Committee). His thoughts don't negate those of the AZ guy. They compliment them.
Old 08-23-2022, 04:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
But Riggleman is right about some of what some elements of the GOP have to say about voting rights. Saying they're Fascists is no longer an exaggeration.
Old 08-23-2022, 07:06 PM
Ready

Fascism has manifold definitions, but it always boils down to the following, dressed up this way or that: "Us good them bad, we should run everything, and whatever we do to them is fine."
Old 08-23-2022, 07:12 PM
Ready

That said, here's a good if more elaborate discussion, pointing out how the Trumpers are there: https://youtu.be/5Luu1Beb8ng
Old 08-24-2022, 12:44 AM

To lighten things up a it, here are a few scientific theories from Herchel Walker, the GA GOP Senate candidate.

Quote:
Democrats such as President Biden and Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.), Walker declared, “try to fool you like they’re helping you out, but they’re not. They’re not helping you out, because a lot of the money is going into trees. You know that, don’t you? It’s going into trees. We’ve got enough trees. Don’t we have enough trees around here?”
Then he doubled down.

Quote:
“Yes, you heard me right,” Walker later tweeted after the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported on his anti-tree position. Biden and Warnock “are spending $1.5 billion on ‘urban forestry’ and raising taxes on those making under $200k to pay for it. Yes, I have a problem with that.”
Some of his wide ranging thoughts.

Quote:
Walker’s roots run deep in science policy. He noted last month that when “good air” from the United States “decides to float over to China,” it is replaced by “bad air” from China and “we got to clean that back up.”

Walker previously discovered the existence of a “dry mist” that “will kill any covid on your body.” And he was able to disprove Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution by observing that “there still [are] apes” that have not turned into humans.
So anyone voting for this guy must not have evolved yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...i-tree-gaffes/
Old 08-25-2022, 09:07 AM

Defeated GOP Extremist Laura Loomer: 'I'm Not Conceding, Because I'm A Winner!'

Quote:
“I”m not conceding, because I’m a winner!” Loomer yelled, baselessly alleging that she was a victim of election fraud.

“And the reality is, this Republican Party is broken to its core,” she continued, per video posted by News 6′s Mike DeForest.

“What we have done tonight is really, honestly shocked the nation,” she continued. “We have further exposed a corruption within our own feckless, cowardly Republican Party. And that is exactly the reason why, right, I decided to go against the RINO Republican Daniel Webster, do-nothing Daniel Webster.”
Quite amazing logic. If a MAGA politician loses, its either election fraud or they lost to a RINO, shame on you. It seems she is a self proclaimed white nationalist /Islamophobe with impeccable MAGA credentials and a habitual loser, since she lost in 2020 too.

https://news.yahoo.com/defeated-gop-...104853706.html
Old 08-25-2022, 01:21 PM

Inmates running the asylum, this is disturbing;
https://share.newsbreak.com/1nosl1s2
Old 08-25-2022, 04:39 PM

This is worth reading, no Paywall version though the article is from WaPo, Greg Sargent

An expert on the right urgently warns: Beware of another Oklahoma City

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-city-bombing/