Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-21-2023, 07:22 AM

You guys can have your pipe dream on this. I hope the Colorado judgement sticks, but being a realest I know we will be disappointed.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:32 AM

I hope the Colorado judgement sticks too but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
I hope the Colorado judgement sticks too but I won't be surprised if it doesn't.
I will be surprised if it does. That said the Colorado Rep Party already has a work around to get him on their national ballot in Nov.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GChief View Post
You guys can have your pipe dream on this. I hope the Colorado judgement sticks, but being a realest I know we will be disappointed.
I am not losing sleep over this Chief, this is how it goes in a democracy with a written constitution. Divisive ones like the guns and abortion have taken a few illogical turns of late and now we can add the 14th A to the list. And lets not forget the damage from 1A and Citizens United.
Old 12-21-2023, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I am not losing sleep over this Chief, this is how it goes in a democracy with a written constitution. Divisive ones like the guns and abortion have taken a few illogical turns of late and now we can add the 14th A to the list. And lets not forget the damage from 1A and Citizens United.

Division is the name of the game now. Its working, see it in all its glory on this site!
Old 12-21-2023, 10:52 AM

I have resigned to the realization that it will get worse before it gets better.

This Conservative Religious Ult Right Fascist movement will not go away peacefully. So will at some time take control. History is full of examples of what happens then. Neighbor against neighbor, deaths and loss of property.

Ordered me one of these limited Tee's to wear. Figure the MAGA crowd will not get the joke....
Old 12-21-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I have resigned to the realization that it will get worse before it gets better.

This Conservative Religious Ult Right Fascist movement will not go away peacefully. So will at some time take control. History is full of examples of what happens then. Neighbor against neighbor, deaths and loss of property.

Ordered me one of these limited Tee's to wear. Figure the MAGA crowd will not get the joke....
Me too Barney from the unintended consequence of this ruling. On one part I am hoping that more states will move to disqualify Trump since the evidence is out in the open. On the other hand this will also empower the red states to disqualify Biden once the GOP House moves to forward with articles of impeachment. Now this becomes an inter party warfare and what is the SCOTUS going to do? Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Will the GOP house have the votes for a Biden impeachment? Now that is the big question.

Adding to this dilemma, Trump wants the SCOTUS to judge quickly on the CO ruling while asking them to stall on his immunity defense on charges brought by Jack Smith.
Old 12-21-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Adding to this dilemma, Trump wants the SCOTUS to judge quickly on the CO ruling while asking them to stall on his immunity defense on charges brought by Jack Smith.
...which will be a pretty good indicator of just how corrupt this SCOTUS is...
Old 12-21-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
...which will be a pretty good indicator of just how corrupt this SCOTUS is...
Which is why in a perverse sense, I am enjoying the Catch-22 the SCOTUS is in and they brought this upon themselves, the loss of confidence and approval by the voters. The best approach I see for SCOTUS is to invalidate the CO ruling based on the MI reasoning and then deny Trump his blanket immunity, both rulings at the same time, but if they stall on the immunity they will stink even more.
Old 12-21-2023, 11:52 AM

The Colorado Republican Party is a classy bunch.

Quote:
Assembling behind Donald Trump in the wake of the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision on Tuesday to disqualify him from the state’s Republican primary ballot, the Colorado Republican Party is vowing to abandon the primary for a caucus system should the decision be upheld.

The party announced the potential move on Tuesday night, replying to a tweet from Vivek Ramaswamy in which the Colorado businessman pledged to withdraw from the state’s primary ballot until Trump was allowed back on it.

“You won’t have to,” the Colorado GOP’s X account replied, “because we will withdraw from the Primary as a Party and convert to a pure caucus system if this is allowed to stand.”

Later that night, Dave Williams, the chairman of the state party, reaffirmed the plan. “I’m not going to let these sons of bitches dictate who we’re going to nominate,” he said in an X Spaces virtual event, according to The Colorado Sun.

On white nationalist Laura Loomer’s online show, he added, addressing the Colorado Supreme Court, “Go fuck yourself. To quote Elon Musk.”
Is he calling the SCOTUS sons of bitches with four women on the bench? Dumb as dumb can be.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/colora...off-the-ballot

Last edited by Rajoo; 12-21-2023 at 11:54 AM.