Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2023, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Except those who illegally settle the West Bank (and those supporting these settlements (e.g., Bibi's coalition)), assassinate a Prime Minister (Yitzhak Rabin) for seeking peace, murder 29 and wound 125 Muslim worshippers in the Cave of the Patriach in Hebron (Bibi's National Security Minister hangs the mass murderer's portrait in his office), and engage in provocative, intrusive protests on the Temple Mount, among many other indignities.

For a person who knows so little about the realities on the ground in Israel and environs, you sure do have strong opinions about matters there. It's far more complicated than your simple-minded take on it.
I find it interesting that so many of you want to keep dragging the situation in the West Bank into the discussion about the war in Gaza. The situations are completely different. Whether you hate Bibi enough and whether I hate Bibi enough for you isn't even the point. The point is that there were no settlements in Gaza after August 15, 2005...almost 20 years ago. There were no blockades, and the border restrictions were less stringent...perhaps even reasonable depending on one's biases. Palestinians in Gaza had their own state. But the terrorism never stopped. And when Gazan Palestinians decided they wanted a vile murderous terrorist organization to constitute the government of their State in 2007 (Gaza it had been their state, under their control since August 2005), that's when the Israelis and the Egyptians decided they couldn't tolerate a bordering rogue state under the control of terrorists without significant protections. Thus the joint Israel/Egypt blockade. Reckon why the Egyptians get a pass from you and from Hamas?

So if you want to talk about the "settlements" issue, how's about you start a new West Bank thread and I will make my argument for why the West Bank is never going back under the control of any country or state besides Israel. If I were an Israeli Jew and not a bastard Irishman Jew adoptee, a decision by the Knesset to turn the control of the West Bank over to Palestinians, or Jordanians (who the Israelis took it from in 1967...not any Palestinians) would be causing my head to burst into flames.

PS - any suggestion that Netanyahu and Ben Gvir directed Yigal Amir to murder Rabin is Israeli radical left wing political propaganda. Amir is Israeli Mizrahim...headcases who consider themselves to be the only real Israelis. The accusation that Netanyahu ordered the murder of Rabin is like accusing Nixon of ordering the murder of JFK. Bullshit propaganda.