Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-14-2016, 06:40 AM
Abby Normal

and no, poor Americans, the most vulnerable who have been productive to society continue to go BACKWARD.

Yet another year of no COLA for the disabled and retired (do to the new formula used to determine costs to these groups) and their health insurance, Medicare is being raised.

I am not anti Obie in any way but this thread is terribly misleading.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

There is no way on earth that the American public would ever vote in SinglePayer despite what we post here.

It is really strange that Bell Canada says there has been a COLA every year and the government here says there has not. They should talk to BlueCross because they jack up my health insurance every year even though the only claims I have put in is for checkups, and then not many. So next year they will jack up my Medicare Part B cost. Maybe they won't because the $CDN has taken a hit this year.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
There is no way on earth that the American public would ever vote in SinglePayer despite what we post here.
.................................................. .............................................
Around 45% of Americans get employer based healthcare which is tax free. Why would they vote against it even though the insurance providers are making a killing as middlemen?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Around 45% of Americans get employer based healthcare which is tax free. Why would they vote against it even though the insurance providers are making a killing as middlemen?
For the same reason they all call the Canadian plan soci@list. Stupidity.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:31 PM

Why don't Baptists commit adultery standing?
Because then it'd look like they were dancng.
Appearances matter more than intent or results.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2016, 05:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
For the same reason they all call the Canadian plan soci@list. Stupidity.
Amen Rob !
Old 09-21-2016, 08:43 PM

United Healthcare projects $650 million in ACA losses for 2016.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:37 PM

Poor babies.

Quote:
NEW YORK, NY (January 19, 2016) – UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) today reported fourth quarter and full year 2015 results, once again highlighted by broad-based growth and market share expansion. In 2015,UnitedHealthcare grew to serve more people while effectively managing for better outcomes at lower health care costs on behalf of its clients. Optum paired strong organic growth with strategic investments to contribute nearly 40 percent of UnitedHealth Group’s full year earnings from operations in 2015.
“The people of UnitedHealth Group are focused sharply on executing fully on 2016 commitments and delivering the highest quality experience for those we are privileged to serve. These efforts are reflected in continuing strong
growth as we enter the new year,” said Stephen J. Hemsley, chief executive officer of UnitedHealth Group.
The Company affirmed its 2016 financial outlook, including estimated revenues of more than $180 billion, rising net
earnings growth to a range of $7.60 to $7.80 in adjusted earnings per share, and strong cash flows from operations in
the range of $9.5 billion to $10 billion.
http://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/~/m...1C1FFA803.ashx
Old 09-22-2016, 01:09 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
It's not insane.

Look, the idea is that everyone gets insurance that takes care of the big part of their health costs. Everyone. Including a lot of people with known big health risks, that used to just be denied insurance.

This is to be paid for by everyone's premiums. So the young and healthy pay more than they get, usually (unless they get in a big car wreck or something). The older and sicker get taken care of. Flash forward 3 or 4 decades, and the young ones are now the older and sicker, and the generations behind them carry the load.

BUT what if the young folks say "Hey, I'm not real likely to get cancer. I'll just freeload until I'm older and sicker." Then the whole thing falls apart, because the money won't be there to pay for those who need it.

So that's why the penalties. To keep the young and healthy folks from freeloading.

So there's a reason. It's not insane. It still may not suit you, but it's not insane.
Exactly.

Now, I have been told that no one should ever have to pay for anyone else. That expecting the young to pay for the elderly is "generational theft". This individual described himself as a "Conservative". My description of him would be more like, "Shithead". Primarily because anyone who expects a person, 70, 80 years old +, to get a job so they can pay for their own (terminal) illnesses is just that. A shithead.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Exactly.

Now, I have been told that no one should ever have to pay for anyone else. That expecting the young to pay for the elderly is "generational theft". This individual described himself as a "Conservative". My description of him would be more like, "Shithead". Primarily because anyone who expects a person, 70, 80 years old +, to get a job so they can pay for their own (terminal) illnesses is just that. A shithead.
Generalities guys I will soon be 86 and apart from routine checkups I don't get anything else from Medicare + CareFirst. I do seem to recall that the parents that I worked with that had kids in daycare kept the local ear/nose/throat doctors in Mercedes and Beemers.