Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-28-2017, 09:08 PM
Loyal Opposition

I posted in may about some speakers that were left on my driveway. They looked like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.jpg (44.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-28-2017, 09:12 PM
Loyal Opposition

They now have new caps, new tweeters, binding posts, new grill cloth and several coats of feed and wax. Tonight they passed the DSOTM test, and have also served up the Stones, Asleep at the Wheel, Steely Dan, and Bill Evans. They are ready to be adopted by a young man who is just starting his career as a firefighter and likes music as much as I do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg After.jpg (49.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Baffle.jpg (69.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 01-28-2017, 09:42 PM

Look n good!

Barney
Old 01-28-2017, 10:00 PM
Admin

Cool!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:04 PM

Right behind my hotel there is a small electrical repair shop/second hand store that had a Technics SL-B3 laying on the curb. The owner told me he would give it to me (of course I am sure he would want the equvalent of $5) but I told him it would not survive the trip home. The reason they were trying to get rid of it was that it had no stylus (after a $1 dollar haircut I went back to check the cartridge but it was a no name silver one). I was going to say Needledoctor but then realized they can't use Ebay or Amazon. That is one thing holding the Philippines back...a not very good postal service.

They actually repair electronic gear right on the sidewalk. I saw a man soldering a crt and I even saw a capacitor shop! Tube heads would love that.

I am ready to come home.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:11 PM

As I said bought a Bosca amp that runs on 12DC. Looks like one of those T-amps. Very light plastic build made in China. Two rca inputs and speaker outs. Bought the AC adapter.
It is for the trikes that taxi people.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:54 AM

Passed on a Dual CS-1256 (or 7) belt-drive automatic. The tag said the table would not spin took off the mat and sure enough a broken belt but the capstan was going. But the tone arm would not rest on nor drop down to the platter so I passed. $20.

Then a Proton AI-3000 built in the factory they build NAD's in. All-in-one integrated amp with a compact disk and cassette deck. Compact disk door wouldn't open don't want to deal with that either, passed. $20.

Technics 1200MK II at the pawn shop. Jacked tone arm. Still have to replace the tone arm on the one I found last November. I should probably put this one in lay away. They want $229.

My biggest score was cassette number one of the Jerry Garcia Band live from 1991. Holy crap it sounds so good.
$1.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:52 AM

Both speaker fuses for left and right outputs are blown hopefully not a big problem. The manual says the internal circuits are protected by other fuses inside the amp. Not tested yet. Hafler P-230.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Mutated Member

1971 Ihringer Winklerberg Ruländer Trockenbeerenauslese "Grosser Preis" (Sauternes quality), 6 bottles, 15 euros each. Ebay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a1.jpg (49.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-12-2017, 11:35 AM

I bought some 2 amp 125v fuses for the speaker outputs and have the Hafler hooked up to some kabuki Sansui SP-3500s that we have set up here at my government x-ray job. I have been running it since 7 am with no issues. It is getting warm but that is normal I think. Sounds decent I must say. What is all the buzz about Mosfets are those transistors or transformers?

One of the channels may be a little quieter but I haven't taken a screw driver to the level screws on the back yet.