Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
My point, a person cannot survive without food, yet it is a commodity. Medical care is generally far less needed for individuals. You have the flu you want to see the doc, but will likely get better without it.

So, if food is a commodity, why should healthcare be a right? My opinion, both should be a commodity, but both should be regulated too. I am not sure how it would work though.
Everything is a commodity if one has to pay for it. And if something is a commodity, there has to be profitable enterprises to provide it. The only thing that is not a commodity is basic education that is free and mandatory with the intent that this will provide the tools for people to participate in a for profit system.

Then came Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid which Ryan and company would love to eliminate including the free schooling.

The only way to accomplish this is by brainwashing the population that somehow this is for the overall good. Healthcare II failed in this regard.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 AM

“I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on this one. We should not hear so many stories of families ruined by healthcare expenses. . . . We must have universal healthcare. . . . The Canadian plan . . . helps Canadians live longer and healthier than Americans. There are fewer medical lawsuits, less loss of labor to sickness, and lower costs to companies paying for the medical care of their employees. . . . We need, as a nation, to reexamine the single-payer plan, as many individual states are doing.” -- Donald Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...3a3_story.html
Old 03-31-2017, 09:45 AM

I see a country's soul in how it cares for it's citizens. All of them from the lowest to the high. A compassionate caring nation would without a second thought consider healthcare and food the same issue for it's citizens. Both a basic right.
But when the love of money outweighs compassion, greed over selflessness we get a system this country is heading to.

Barney
Old 03-31-2017, 09:57 AM

Wish that Ryancare was voted on in the House.