Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
A little harsh, but darn close to my level of disgust as well. I was an eternal optimist, always thinking people were basically good. Over the last few years, I have seen changes that are very disturbing. I long for smaller town living(hoping it will be friendlier).

Hang in there.............................
mark
Having moved from Denver to Oregon Il., pop. 4,000 I have some perspective on this. Sadly, you won't find any difference. In my case I live in a town/county that voted for Trump by a roughly 65-35 margin. I go into town knowing wherever I go that 6/7 of every ten people I encounter voted for Trump. The fact that so many of my neighbors support a man I see as morally bankrupt and unfit to serve as President is sobering to say the least. In Denver, at least, you have some cultural diversity to remind you that not everyone has lost their collective mind. I too have generally thought people were, for the most part, good. I'd still like to think that's true but I may just be fooling myself.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:54 PM

Donald Trump has claimed repeatedly that he has had no contact with Russian officials as a presidential candidate.

He was lying.

Trump personally met with the Russian ambassador on April 27, 2016, prior to a major foreign policy speech. The Wall Street Journal, in a report that was little-noticed at the time but was recently picked up by AMERICABlog News, reported the meeting last year.

A few minutes before he made those remarks, Mr. Trump met at a VIP reception with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak. Mr. Trump warmly greeted Mr. Kislyak and three other foreign ambassadors who came to the reception.

Kislyak, according to multiple contemporaneous news reports, was seated in the front row. It was an invitation-only event.

Trump used the speech to call for warmer relations with Russia. “I believe an easing of tensions, and improved relations with Russia — from a position of strength only — is possible, absolutely possible,” Trump said. “Some say the Russians won’t be reasonable. I intend to find out.”

Russia was pleased with his speech:

Trump has repeatedly insisted that neither he nor anyone on his campaign was in contact with Russia during the election.

“Russia is a ruse. I have nothing to do with Russia. Haven’t made a phone call to Russia in years. Don’t speak to people from Russia,” Trump said during a February 16 press conference. He said he contacts with Russia were limited to talking twice to Vladimir Putin after election day.

On February 20, Trump spokesperson Sarah Sanders flatly declared that the Trump campaign had “no contacts” with Russia.

We’ve since learned that at least four members of the Trump campaign — Jeff Sessions, Michael Flynn, Carter Page, and J.D. Gordon — talked with Russian officials during the campaign.

Link
Old 03-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Trump tweets this morning after watching Fox and Friends-

Donald J. Trump‏

122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!

Reality is that 113 of those 122 were released by GW Bush.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0955e6c0f579

We've got an idjit in the WH.
It's worse than that. We've got a lying con-man in the White House.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdog View Post
Having moved from Denver to Oregon Il., pop. 4,000 I have some perspective on this. Sadly, you won't find any difference. In my case I live in a town/county that voted for Trump by a roughly 65-35 margin. I go into town knowing wherever I go that 6/7 of every ten people I encounter voted for Trump. The fact that so many of my neighbors support a man I see as morally bankrupt and unfit to serve as President is sobering to say the least. In Denver, at least, you have some cultural diversity to remind you that not everyone has lost their collective mind. I too have generally thought people were, for the most part, good. I'd still like to think that's true but I may just be fooling myself.
People are basically good, as long as they aren't in situations that scare them, discourage them too much, or let them think it's OK to be bad. Things need to be arranged not to lead people into temptation.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:40 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/health...orm/index.html

This is a sad story.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
People are basically good, as long as they aren't in situations that scare them, discourage them too much, or let them think it's OK to be bad. Things need to be arranged not to lead people into temptation.
DQ I would love to believe that but after seeing how people treated my Florence before I arrived on the scene I am afraid that they are 'patterned' during their formative years and become settled in their was afterward. I guess your statement is the one - society lets them think it is OK to be bad.

Something I noticed while raising Brian, as a nipper if he came in from play and was offered a treat he would ask for the same for his playmates - society teaches them greed.

The sad truth is that we have a mentally deranged POTUS and he muust be removed from office.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-22-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:12 PM

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-e...est-president/
Old 04-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Hear hear to the LA Times! No one should fail to read this editorial, and the rest of the series coming.

And salude to icenine for achieving the milestone of 11,111 posts! (Look fast!)
Old 04-02-2017, 08:52 PM

Poop if I would have noticed that I wouldn't have made the rooster sauce post and left PC with the magic number 11,111! Too late now.

I had this Philosophy professor at Kent State that would always use "poop" as an expletive rather than "sh*t." It made him a kindler, gentler man. I think it is why I still remember him. In this age of Trump I will endeavor to use the work poop more often so as to soften this unique (I hope) American age.

Thanks DQ.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Ready

Speaking of magic numbers, I had 12,345 not too long ago, and never had a clue.