Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Not the point, and you didn't answer / avoided my question. So, I'll ask it again:

Do you believe that a video on YouTube caused the violence in Libya that resulted in the death of State Dept employees, or do you believe that Clinton/Rice et al lied about when they blamed the violence on the video?
At this point, what difference does it make?
Old 03-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Not the point, and you didn't answer / avoided my question. So, I'll ask it again:

Do you believe that a video on YouTube caused the violence in Libya that resulted in the death of State Dept employees, or do you believe that Clinton/Rice et al lied about when they blamed the violence on the video?
Yes and no. Happy now?
Old 03-16-2017, 02:52 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
It is a good thing to be anti-Russian in the sense of opposing the Putin government and his policies. I mean if you are pro-Putin you are for a man who has had opponents killed in cold blood.
I guess he must be using drones.

Putin got his Rep the same way the Clintons got theirs...by excessively repeating accusations.

The World One Order boys are aggressively anti Putin, because he has successfully prevented them from taking over Russia...a huge part of mother earth.

Last edited by Dondilion; 03-18-2017 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:44 PM

Well Whell, if you want to talk about cynical and self defeating, what was your reaction to the Trump government generated estimates that 26 million people will lose their insurance under Trumpcare?
Old 03-17-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Well Whell, if you want to talk about cynical and self defeating, what was your reaction to the Trump government generated estimates that 26 million people will lose their insurance under Trumpcare?
When is a "loss" not a "loss"? If the state of Michigan decides that I don't have to carry auto insurance anymore, and I decide to cancel my auto insurance policy, did I "lose" my health insurance?

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/13/cbo-s...placement.html

Much of the reduction in the number of people who have health coverage next year would result from the bill's proposed repeal of Obamacare's individual mandate, which requires most Americans to have insurance of some form or face a tax penalty.

So, not surprisingly, the media reports have had a laser - like focus on the top-line number, and the hell with the details.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
When is a "loss" not a "loss"? If the state of Michigan decides that I don't have to carry auto insurance anymore, and I decide to cancel my auto insurance policy, did I "lose" my health insurance?
Uh, no. You'd lose your auto insurance.

Quote:
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/13/cbo-s...placement.html

Much of the reduction in the number of people who have health coverage next year would result from the bill's proposed repeal of Obamacare's individual mandate, which requires most Americans to have insurance of some form or face a tax penalty.

So, not surprisingly, the media reports have had a laser - like focus on the top-line number, and the hell with the details.
It takes an avowed know-nothing to infer that it's a good thing if people choose not to have health insurance. Health insurance only works if younger, healthier people enroll and pay premiums that help to care for older people. It has always been thus. Secondly, uninsured people become freeloaders who show up at emergency rooms when they're sick or injured at get care at the expense of those who do have insurance, not a great deal unlike uninsured motorists who get into wrecks and live insured motorists holding the bag. Ahhh, freedom.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-17-2017 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:40 PM

Do you get thrown in jail if you get cancer and don't have health insurance? Nope, you die. After you go bankrupt.

Quit spitting out non sequiturs, Whell, car insurance is in no shape, manner, or form health insurance. They are completely different beasts altogether, and we all know it. You are playing the bright shiny object game here.

Over 60% of private declared bankruptcies in the US are due to medical bills. I would wager close to 50% of the people who frequent this forum would be bankrupt within a year without medical insurance, and 10% of us would die within a year without paid access to professional healthcare.

Like it or not, what Trump is offering is not a free market choice, but pushing the most vulnerable people in society right out into the cold winter night of no medical insurance. No amount of wordsmithing can change these facts.

Last edited by sheltiedave; 03-17-2017 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
I guess he must be using drones.

Putin get his Rep the same way the Clintons got theirs...by excessively repeating accusations.

The World One Order boys are aggressively anti Putin, because he has successfully prevented them from taking over Russia...a huge part of mother earth.
Why the hell would we want it?
Old 03-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Resident octogenarian

Guys why are you wasting good bandwidth arguing with this robot?
Old 03-17-2017, 03:49 PM

I am just practicing lines for tonight's fish fry, Rob. We have a few ultraconservatives that sit at our table, and I know how they will positively glow at the prospect of dumping all these poor bloodsucking leaches off their hardworking backs and wallets.

The rich irony is these conversations will take place in a Catholic cafeteria, during Lent, at an event supporting the church, and emulating in small part the life of faith of Jesus.

This is merely part of our voyage through Conrad's "The Heart of Darkness."