Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-17-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
I am just practicing lines for tonight's fish fry, Rob. We have a few ultraconservatives that sit at our table, and I know how they will positively glow at the prospect of dumping all these poor bloodsucking leaches off their hardworking backs and wallets.

The rich irony is these conversations will take place in a Catholic cafeteria, during Lent, at an event supporting the church, and emulating in small part the life of faith of Jesus.

This is merely part of our voyage through Conrad's "The Heart of Darkness."
Trump is the very embodiment of the sermon on the mount, what an endorsement of Christianity.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:47 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Why the hell would we want it?
Ask The Harvard Boys.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ha...oys-do-russia/

Last edited by Dondilion; 03-18-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:58 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
I am just practicing lines for tonight's fish fry, Rob. We have a few ultraconservatives that sit at our table, and I know how they will positively glow at the prospect of dumping all these poor bloodsucking leaches off their hardworking backs and wallets.

The rich irony is these conversations will take place in a Catholic cafeteria, during Lent, at an event supporting the church, and emulating in small part the life of faith of Jesus.

This is merely part of our voyage through Conrad's "The Heart of Darkness."
Now you might understand why both Florence and me left the Church - or rather to be exact the Church left us. Matthew 6:5-8.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Exactly, just another great big hole in the ground into which you can pour endless amounts of money. Met a few imported brides and while they are very pleasant and of course quite lovely, they did not flee the place for no reason and were not shy about saying so. I don't doubt that even in my advanced years but that I could persuade one to marry me. It would be a good life and she would have it pretty soft.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Yes and no. Happy now?
Take a step or two back and the answers are no and yes.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:12 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Trump is the very embodiment of the sermon on the mount, what an endorsement of Christianity.
The Catholic Church is a very conservative organization.

If you strip the Greek hero god away, Jesus of Nazareth's message is radical given who his followers were.

Last edited by nailer; 03-18-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Uh, no. You'd lose your auto insurance.

It takes an avowed know-nothing to infer that it's a good thing if people choose not to have health insurance.
Are you describing yourself, Finn? Or are you attempting your time-honored tradition of putting words in other people's mouths? Nowhere did I attempt to attach "good" or "bad" to the CBO numbers.

My comment was simply that the CBO counts an individual decision to terminate coverage as a "loss" of coverage. That's not a loss. Its a decision. And the media's laser like focus on the top line number without focusing on that critical detail serves the purpose of distorting the facts: suggesting that once the AHCA passes, folks are going to start getting dropped by their health insurance carrier. Typical lefty media BS.

Now, if you don't understand that, choose not to understand that (which you could then possibly spin as a "loss" of understanding) or are unable to discern important details, that's on you.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Do you get thrown in jail if you get cancer and don't have health insurance? Nope, you die. After you go bankrupt.

Quit spitting out non sequiturs, Whell, car insurance is in no shape, manner, or form health insurance. They are completely different beasts altogether, and we all know it. You are playing the bright shiny object game here.

Over 60% of private declared bankruptcies in the US are due to medical bills. I would wager close to 50% of the people who frequent this forum would be bankrupt within a year without medical insurance, and 10% of us would die within a year without paid access to professional healthcare.

Like it or not, what Trump is offering is not a free market choice, but pushing the most vulnerable people in society right out into the cold winter night of no medical insurance. No amount of wordsmithing can change these facts.
Really? You've seen the future impact of the law, and you can tell that folks are going to be pushed " right out into the cold winter night of no medical insurance"?

Pretty flipping amazing, Dave. With that kind of ability to foresee the future, I bet your stock portfolio is amazing (or course, you're probably now putting money down on North Face stock, 'cuz all those folks out in the cold are gonna need winter coats), and you're at the track every night bettering on the horses.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:46 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Europe has destabilized itself.

Is Vlad responsible for moving over a million Poles, Lithuanians, Romanians into England and Wales in a short space of time?

Did Vlad shout to the world that Germany is open and welcoming to all and sundry and then when the folly became apparent decided to pay a bribe to Erdogan?

Did Vlad tell the Swedes to accept so many Muslims and then put them in segregated housing and bar them from Union jobs?

The Belgians and French exercise distinct housing segregation for their large Muslim population which leads to a long festering resentment and recurring riots. Not Vlad's fault.

Vlad is not responsible for Germany's rigidity with regards to Spain, Portugal and Greece. A regime of austerity has destabilized, marginalized that section of Europe. Yeah Vlad sold the hapless Greeks German tanks.

Yeah Vlad is responsible for open borders and One World Order.
Europeans, especially the left, have created a long term problem for themselves
Get with the program! Now repeat after me: America/NATO good, Russia bad, America/NATO good, Russia bad, America/NATO good, Russia bad, America/NATO good, Russia bad ...