Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Admin

Trump's Muslim Ban 2.0 Bites The Dust In Hawai'i

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.e2a63ff7f198

"A federal judge in Hawaii has frozen President Trump’s new executive order temporarily barring the issuance of new visas to citizens of six-Muslim majority countries and suspending the admission of new refugees.
U.S. District Judge Derrick K. Watson froze the order nationwide.
Watson was the second of three judges to hear arguments Wednesday on whether to freeze the ban. A federal judge in Maryland said he also could rule before day’s end after a morning hearing, and the same federal judge in Washington state who suspended Trump’s first travel ban was set to hear arguments starting at 5 p.m. Eastern.
The hearing in Hawaii came in response to a lawsuit filed by the state itself. Lawyers for Hawaii alleged the new travel ban, much like the old, violates the establishment clause of the First Amendment because it is essentially a Muslim ban, hurts the ability of state businesses and universities to recruit top talent and damages the state’s robust tourism industry." WP
Old 03-15-2017, 06:56 PM

Huh. Where's all that winning Trump said we were going to get so tired of? Lol. Seems he's not won a damn thing yet...
Old 03-15-2017, 07:07 PM

after all the obstructionism and dis-respect president Obama had to face the longer this goes on the better I feel. I hope he flips his orange lid!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:26 PM
Admin

Every time a judge rules against Trump an angel gets it's wings.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Every time a judge rules against Trump an angel gets it's wings.
And fortunately he cannot fire these judges. I doubt if he even regrets his mocking Judge Robart, who also happens to be a decent caring person by all accounts.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

What a shame. The rubes are gonna get restless.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
what a shame. The rubes are gonna get restless.

Last edited by +48v; 03-16-2017 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Huh. Where's all that winning Trump said we were going to get so tired of? Lol. Seems he's not won a damn thing yet...
Not so quick my friend. We must remember republican "code" speak.

When republicans say "we", they don't mean you and I "We" is republican code for the 1%, big business, banking and wall street. That's is who drives the republican party, that is their "we"; not you nor I nor the working men and women who were duped into putting that filthy little man in office.

The republican "we" are indeed winning and winning large. Cuts to the EPA, cuts in banking regulations, cuts in consumer and employee protections and big MIC spending and abolition of health care protections are all big wins for the republican "we" people.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Admin

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Hinting darkly that “there’s something going on,” Donald J. Trump complained on Friday that he has been treated “very unfairly” by the people who wrote the United States Constitution.
“If the Constitution prevented me from doing one or two things, I’d chalk that up to bad luck,” he said. “But when literally everything I want to do is magically a violation of the Constitution, that’s very unfair and bad treatment.”

Lashing out at the document’s authors, Trump said that “America is a great country, but we have maybe the worst constitution writers in the world.”
“Russia has much better constitution writers than we do,” he said. “I talked to Putin, and he said their constitution never gives him problems.”
“The situation is very unfair!” he added.

In an ominous warning, Trump said that, as of Friday, he was putting the writers of the U.S. Constitution “on notice.”
“I don’t have their names yet, but that’s something I’m looking into,” he said. “These jokers are not going to get away with this.” New Yorker

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...e-constitution
Old 03-16-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Hinting darkly that “there’s something going on,” Donald J. Trump complained on Friday that he has been treated “very unfairly” by the people who wrote the United States Constitution.
“If the Constitution prevented me from doing one or two things, I’d chalk that up to bad luck,” he said. “But when literally everything I want to do is magically a violation of the Constitution, that’s very unfair and bad treatment.”

Lashing out at the document’s authors, Trump said that “America is a great country, but we have maybe the worst constitution writers in the world.”
“Russia has much better constitution writers than we do,” he said. “I talked to Putin, and he said their constitution never gives him problems.”
“The situation is very unfair!” he added.

In an ominous warning, Trump said that, as of Friday, he was putting the writers of the U.S. Constitution “on notice.”
“I don’t have their names yet, but that’s something I’m looking into,” he said. “These jokers are not going to get away with this.” New Yorker

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borow...e-constitution

Ha! That was funny!