Area Man

Video of Memorial Day Massacre;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q3RUGLfFv0

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jId4f...watch_response

Dave
Old 09-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Resident octogenarian

Before any one forgets, when the government bailed out GM and Chryssler the union took a significant cut. When the government bailed out Wall Street the bankers gave themselves big bonuses.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Before any one forgets, when the government bailed out GM and Chryssler the union took a significant cut. When the government bailed out Wall Street the bankers gave themselves big bonuses.
I was aware of those things but somehow never put them together. Says a lot, doesn't it?

Thanks, Rob

John
Old 09-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Admin

Quote:
Then Wall St. told the taxpayers who wanted an accounting of how the TARP funds were used, to stick it. "That's proprietary information" was their excuse.
I guess we do get the government we deserve..
Old 09-03-2012, 09:21 AM
reflexionar

I think the biggest difference between private and public sector unions is just the fact that private unions have finite resources and public sector just increases taxes to cover their expansions. We are already to the point where a huge portion of our taxes goes to pay for money that is already spent (debt, interest, and public sector benefits included). I wonder when people will realize that soon all the money we give won't be enough to cover what we already owe?

Happy labor day anyway!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I think the biggest difference between private and public sector unions is just the fact that private unions have finite resources and public sector just increases taxes to cover their expansions. We are already to the point where a huge portion of our taxes goes to pay for money that is already spent (debt, interest, and public sector benefits included). I wonder when people will realize that soon all the money we give won't be enough to cover what we already owe?

Happy labor day anyway!
Bingo! I believe this is a part of the reason or the reason why guys like Finn and myself don't support public sector unions.

Happy Labor Day All!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post

Happy labor day anyway!
Uh chaps, it is the pols that are guilty, not the unions, there is no reason - other than hoping to buy votes - that the pols should give in to every demand. If I was a public sector worker and the pols behaved that way I would be damned if I would vote for them.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:43 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Uh chaps, it is the pols that are guilty
Union byproduct?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:55 PM
Area Man

What? No comments from the right?

Dave
Old 09-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
What? No comments from the right?

Dave
It's just more bitching and moaning without any concrete ideas on the crux of the bisquit i.e. campaign financing reform The problem is solely with the politicians and their lust for ever bigger warchests. Blaming the unions is like cropping your dogs tail because they get water all over the place after a swim. It would crack me up if it wasn't so sad, all of this union bashing going on. It's like some otherwise intelligent people have lost their ability to think and critically look at the problem. Teachers, firemen & cops are the bad guys? Oh please, grow the hell up. Any group of people should have the right to organize and bargain for a better life with their employer. Go after the representatives and senators who pervert the system not the unions who's sole job is to look out for their members interests.