Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
If you believe officers seek or generate problems, the issue is in your mirror.
Or perhaps officers have earned a reputation they need to work on.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
If you believe officers seek or generate problems, the issue is in your mirror.
You're the one that needs to look in the mirror Zeke.

If you can get past your state of denial, this is what you will see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
I observe they have become thugs, driving ugly thugmobiles designed to intimidate, demanding that everyone bow and scrape to their every demand. As if they are drill sergeants and the public are raw recruits needing discipline.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Which is why people get shot.

Nobody starts out thinking, "I'm going to shoot someone, today."

That's caused by the population.
And that is where you are wrong. It seems that most police these days have been trained that every situation must be positively controlled by the police. This means if they feel threatened in any way, shape, or form, then they are entitles and empowered by whatever means necessary, including the use of deadly force, to control and remove the existence of said threat.

We, as a country, have gone from a point where we respected police because they represented the community as peacekeepers, to having the police demand respect because they are badasses that will fuck us up.

That is a quantum change from what society wants and expects. We hate dumb fucks, dipshits, and power tripping thugs that wear dark glasses, leather gloves, saps, stun guns, and fifteen round guns. Every time police forces increase and escalate their killing capability, we only slip farther away from the benign presence of years past.

Instead of community, we have ended up with an undertrained and trigger happy paramilitary that is routinely absolved by the courts of any occupational responsibility.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:41 PM

You know in the Third World (as in my wife's country the Philippines) the police are feared because of corruption and the power they have to arbitrarily throw you away without any writ of habeas corpus to protect you. They will also pull you over when you have done nothing wrong and demand a bribe so as to avoid a trip to the PNP police station. People are more afraid of the police than anything else.
You can look to the south toward Mexico if you think I do not know what I am talking about and see how bad corruption has had an impact on that nation.

I bet in Ferguson the average person does not have a 401k nor cannot even imagine having a job with a pension. But the people of that city and county are paying middle class salaries to cops and making sure they get their pensions through state and local taxes which the poor pay in Ferguson. And from what I can see and from eyewitnesses (some of whom are white by the way) who were there a person of color can be killed with excessive deadly force and the cop is basically off the hook by either a paperwork shuffle or in the case of Brown not even filing any sort of paperwork at all.

So I can see why people in Ferguson are pissed off. And I can see the developing world coming to Missouri and other places like it. Open carry? That is just the average joe wanting to play a cop. Open carry really only works for white people by the way. If the Walmart in Ohio is any indication.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
And that is where you are wrong. It seems that most police these days have been trained that every situation must be positively controlled by the police. This means if they feel threatened in any way, shape, or form, then they are entitles and empowered by whatever means necessary, including the use of deadly force, to control and remove the existence of said threat.

We, as a country, have gone from a point where we respected police because they represented the community as peacekeepers, to having the police demand respect because they are badasses that will fuck us up.

That is a quantum change from what society wants and expects. We hate dumb fucks, dipshits, and power tripping thugs that wear dark glasses, leather gloves, saps, stun guns, and fifteen round guns. Every time police forces increase and escalate their killing capability, we only slip farther away from the benign presence of years past.

Instead of community, we have ended up with an undertrained and trigger happy paramilitary that is routinely absolved by the courts of any occupational responsibility.
Good post!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Resident octogenarian

If all you have is a hammer everything looks like a nail.

If you are dressed in riot gear every assembly, peaceful or not, looks like a riot.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

If you are dressed in riot gear every assembly, peaceful or not, looks like a riot.
Ever wonder why small municipalities (say population under 50K) have SWAT teams and armored vehicles?
Old 10-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Quick question while on the subject of cops. First, I know this cop I'm talking about, and second, I know this guy too. The guy rolls in to a gas station blasting profanity gangster music ( like he always does ) here in this town of under 1,000 people and the store owner doesn't like it, as none do. Cop warns and warns, but guy keeps doing it. Guy thinks he can blast away ( with his big system ) all he wants to. Then when the cop gives his last warning the guy still says he can blast away and fails to understand that the cop is trying to tell him ''not right here.''

The right here I'm refering to is a gas station and the owner doesn't have to put up with people pulling in and walking in the store leaving their car running with profanic rap BLASTING away while women and children are forced to hear it.

What should said cop do? I mean when he's given every warning he can give the guy and the guy keeps ignoring day after day... then pulls the race card after cop decides it's time to citate him? The cop didn't citate him.. as bad as he wanted to, that race card isn't easy to deal with and cop gets in his car and drives away. How do you deal with guys like that when they try to point the finger at the cop instead of complying with the law?

Last edited by hillbilly; 10-04-2014 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Quick question while on the subject of cops. First, I know this cop I'm talking about, and second, I know this guy too. The guy rolls in to a gas station blasting profanity gangster music ( like he always does ) here in this town of under 1,000 people and the store owner doesn't like it, as none do. Cop warns and warns, but guy keeps doing it. Guy thinks he can blast away ( with his big system ) all he wants to. Then when the cop gives his last warning the guy still says he can blast away and fails to understand that the cop is trying to tell him ''not right here.''

The right here I'm refering to is a gas station and the owner doesn't have to put up with people pulling in and walking in the store leaving their car running with profanic rap BLASTING away while women and children are forced to hear it.

What should said cop do? I mean when he's given every warning he can give the guy and the guy keeps ignoring day after day... then pulls the race card after cop decides it's time to citate him? The cop didn't citate him.. as bad as he wanted to, that race card isn't easy to deal with and cop gets in his car and drives away. How do you deal with guys like that when they try to point the finger at the cop instead of complying with the law?
As long as the volume level doesn't exceed legal standards and no laws are broken, it's free speech and protected.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post

Truth.