Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yes, Did Obama think that was a good move? That is what I said. What seems to be your confusion about that.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Yes, Did Obama think that was a good move? That is what I said. What seems to be your confusion about that.
Putin is going to do what Putin wants to do with respect to Ukraine, regardless of what Obama or Rice say. I just don't buy into the right-wing BS that if Obama was perceived as a tough guy (like they view themselves), Putin would be compliant to our wishes.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Putin is going to do what Putin wants to do with respect to Ukraine, regardless of what Obama or Rice say. I just don't buy into the right-wing BS that if Obama was perceived as a tough guy (like they view themselves), Putin would be compliant to our wishes.
I agree. Putin will do what he wants in the area regardless. The apology tour and begging really didn't help Obama's reputation at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4FGbDJuD2do
Old 02-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I agree. Putin will do what he wants in the area regardless. The apology tour and begging really didn't help Obama's reputation at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4FGbDJuD2do
Obama didn't do an "apology tour." Just more bullshit you've seemed to buy into.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...k-obama-began/
Old 02-26-2014, 02:38 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Obama didn't do an "apology tour." Just more bullshit you've seemed to buy into.

As Mark Twain said the difference between a cat and a lie is that the cat only has nine lives.

BTW we are having a special on tinfoil hats this week.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:12 PM
Admin

"This is not Rocky 4" SOS Kerry in reference to the Ukraine and how the US and Russia should look at it. I'm probably one of three people that hasn't seen the Rocky flicks.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 AM

Quote:

Yes dear the guy in the video I posted is just a very good impersonator.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:39 AM

The Ukraine should learn from Hungary. Hungary joined the EU in 2004 by 2008 they were in debt to the IMF and were being completely looted.
As Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland made clear in her speech last December and in the leaked recording of her telephone conversation with the US ambassador in Kiev, Washington spent $5 billion of US taxpayer dollars engineering a coup in Ukraine that overthrew the elected democratic government with thet're tool the NGO.
There is no doubt whatsoever that the coup is a strategic move by Washington to weaken Russia. Washington tried to capture Ukraine in 2004 with the Washington-funded “Orange Revolution,” but failed.
The loss of Ukraine to the EU and NATO would mean the loss of Russia’s naval base on the Black Sea and the loss of many military industries. If Russia were to accept such strategic defeat, it would mean that Russia had submitted to Washington’s hegemony.

The Russian population of eastern and southern Ukraine will not accept oppression by Ukrainian ultra-nationalists and neo-nazis. Washington miscalculated and lost control of the coup to the neo-nazi elements who seem to have taken control from the Washington-paid moderates in Kiev. The captive Ukrainian parliament has introduced measures to ban any official use of the Russian language. This, of course, is unacceptable to the Russian provinces.
As soon as Oleksander Turchinov does something the illegitimate parliament doesn't like hewill be on the run too.
Washingtons interference has again destroyed another democracy. Remember when Lenin asked Kerensky: “Who chose you?” Its the same situation taken right out of a history book and still they don't learn.
The Russian provinces will seek protection from Russia and they will grant it. Is Washington prepared to start WWIII to get rid of Russia's military base in the south on the Black sea. We as the people would have to stop this kind of aggression out of the Washington hegemons or this world would be thrown into a nuclear disaster. Isnt Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria that's in chaos now enough?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:29 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
The Ukraine should learn from Hungary. Hungary joined the EU in 2004 by 2008 they were in debt to the IMF and were being completely looted.
As Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland made clear in her speech last December and in the leaked recording of her telephone conversation with the US ambassador in Kiev, Washington spent $5 billion of US taxpayer dollars engineering a coup in Ukraine that overthrew the elected democratic government with thet're tool the NGO.
There is no doubt whatsoever that the coup is a strategic move by Washington to weaken Russia. Washington tried to capture Ukraine in 2004 with the Washington-funded “Orange Revolution,” but failed.
The loss of Ukraine to the EU and NATO would mean the loss of Russia’s naval base on the Black Sea and the loss of many military industries. If Russia were to accept such strategic defeat, it would mean that Russia had submitted to Washington’s hegemony.

The Russian population of eastern and southern Ukraine will not accept oppression by Ukrainian ultra-nationalists and neo-nazis. Washington miscalculated and lost control of the coup to the neo-nazi elements who seem to have taken control from the Washington-paid moderates in Kiev. The captive Ukrainian parliament has introduced measures to ban any official use of the Russian language. This, of course, is unacceptable to the Russian provinces.
As soon as Oleksander Turchinov does something the illegitimate parliament doesn't like hewill be on the run too.
Washingtons interference has again destroyed another democracy. Remember when Lenin asked Kerensky: “Who chose you?” Its the same situation taken right out of a history book and still they don't learn.
The Russian provinces will seek protection from Russia and they will grant it. Is Washington prepared to start WWIII to get rid of Russia's military base in the south on the Black sea. We as the people would have to stop this kind of aggression out of the Washington hegemons or this world would be thrown into a nuclear disaster. Isnt Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria that's in chaos now enough?
The Right Sector has high jacked the protest. They are the ones now with
litmus paper for prospective politicians. They will try to pass laws to restrict the rights of the Russian speaking population. This is going to get ugly.

With Russia right next door and with a sizeable speaking Russian population
Russia need not carry out a formal invasion. It can use its non uniform special forces in critical sympathetic areas.

Obama is inept!

He is announcing major military reduction and at the same trying to project significant instability far from his sphere of influence.

The Repubs are going to hammer him. I repeat the mid term is going to be a Dem disaster.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The Right Sector has high jacked the protest. They are the ones now with
litmus paper for prospective politicians. They will try to pass laws to restrict the rights of the Russian speaking population. This is going to get ugly.

With Russia right next door and with a sizeable speaking Russian population
Russia need not carry out a formal invasion. It can use its non uniform special forces in critical sympathetic areas.

Obama is inept!

He is announcing major military reduction and at the same trying to project significant instability far from his sphere of influence.

The Repubs are going to hammer him. I repeat the mid term is going to be a Dem disaster.
far from his borders
So the US should put boots on the ground? The "Right" is so keen on cutting expenses for everything to do with our society save the Military. Yet does their children serve?

The majority of the ones who do serve is to earn for collage or for a decent career with benefits. Something the children of the well ta do seem to stay away from. Be different if there was still a draft!

So just where is the will now for a war. Because as sure as the sun will rise there would be a costly one!

Barney