Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:09 PM

How Wall Street Rigs the Game

Informative article by Greg Smith, a former GoldmanSachs exec. He discusses so************************m for the rich.

http://business.time.com/2012/10/22/...ame/?hpt=hp_t2
Old 10-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Informative article by Greg Smith, a former GoldmanSachs exec. He discusses so************************m for the rich.

http://business.time.com/2012/10/22/...ame/?hpt=hp_t2
What he says is true of course but he's nothing but a disgruntled employee.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

There was an interesting feature on this fellow and his complaints with GoldmanSachs on last Sunday's 60 Minutes. I'm sure it's available online.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:29 AM

Thanks. I'll look it up.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:35 AM

This is a debate that is starting to gain traction. So************************t government welfare for big banks and corporations and nothing for the everyday Americans who's lives were ruined by the banksters. It is a slow process just like it was in the 1930's.

I am afraid we will see a R$R administration. It will be devastating to this country. I am afraid the harsh reality of living under an oligarchy will cause a social uprising this country has not seen the likes of since the civil rights movement of the 50's, and 60's. It cold get ugly.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
. . . I am afraid the harsh reality of living under an oligarchy will cause a social uprising this country has not seen the likes of since the civil rights movement of the 50's, and 60's. It cold get ugly.
It is this kind of strife that Marx predicted at the very beginning of the industrial age. He envisioned communism as a way to avoid the strife.

This is why I firmly beleive that Ayn Rand was a communist plant. It is well known that wealth imbalance causes strife. Europe and Russia saw it over and over again.

America saw that kind of wealth concentration during the Gilded Age but we took measures to fix it and keep capitalism running without overheating. The Soviets, through Ayn Rand and her legacy organization, endeavor to pull the cooling rods from the United States' economy. Doing so concentrates wealth in the hands of a few and establishes an oligarchy or, given enough time, an aristocracy. Eventually the workers get angry enough, pull out the pitchforks, and adopt communism.

That's how it worked in Russia int he early 1900s and that's how the Soviets plan on us doing it to ourselves. Booger eating morons like Mitt think that they can beat the game of philosphy but they are wrong. History will repeat itself given the proper conditions. It cannot be stopped. Mitt will end up at the pointy end of the American pitchforks so he better make sure that he likes his BRIC buddies in Moscow.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There was an interesting feature on this fellow and his complaints with GoldmanSachs on last Sunday's 60 Minutes. I'm sure it's available online.
Here it is. Watching now.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18560_16...in;cbsCarousel