Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:26 PM

Whether we like it or not, the Mike Brown case hit the national stage because the citizens of Ferguson rose up in unison, justified or not. No recalls possible.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:28 PM
Ready

The corpse was in the street, and his companion was saying he had his hands up. That narrative was flashing around, unchallenged basically, for days. That's what happened. Once something like that happens, there's no going back.

Maybe Brown was a victim, or maybe he got killed in a 'good shoot.' If the later, it's ironic, but there have been plenty of bad shoots swept under the rug, so the irony may be fitting, in a sense....
Old 12-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Banned

Seems to me there are two major issues driven by this incident.

Problems with the trust of police in certain neighborhoods and towns. Typically related to the skin color of the residents therein, and...

The failure of state's attorneys to persue grand jury indictments with equal vigor when the accused is a manner of law enforcement, regardless of color or whether the offense was committed in the line of duty...or not.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Sounds to me like he pretty much had his neighbors terrified. It could be that he confined his thuggish ways to his immediate neighborhood until the day of the shooting. (Purely conjecture on my part.)
Yet another drive by assignment of thuggish behavior, deliberately written by someone who
A) is hundreds of miles or more away from Ferguson
B) has never talked to any of MB's neighbors, or any of the retirees who live in CAnfield.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Not a stranger, more likely one of his crew/ phony witnesses at his shooting vid'ed it for street cred. No vid of that tho, how bout that. Bullies are arrogant and think themselves immune to accountability, this looks more like the Big Mike in the store vid than the guy his supporters claim.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
And ditto.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Doesn't surprise me. Not that this incident has anything to do with the incident that took his life... But does reflect a pattern of violent behavior.
And ditto.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:02 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
Yet another drive by assignment of thuggish behavior, deliberately written by someone who
A) is hundreds of miles or more away from Ferguson
B) has never talked to any of MB's neighbors, or any of the retirees who live in CAnfield.
How do you describe the video from the convenience store if not thuggish?
Old 12-15-2014, 08:16 AM

jJ, I asked the store owner if he would describe MB's as thuggish. He said no, that brown was going through some stuff, and that he was going to call his stepfather until he got the news. You run a store in north county, you are resilient.

A lot of the store owners in west Florissant pack heat, and most of them would not be breaking it out over this. I describe this as wrong, but I work in north county, where you need to be strong and confident if you don't want to be walked on. A coworker fell asleep at 5am in his car last week, and almost got carjacked. If you can't handle yourself, St. Louis will teach you.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
How do you describe the video from the convenience store if not thuggish?

Not to mention the fact that he assaulted a police officer in his vehicle. Seems to me that can be considered thug like behavior.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiedave View Post
jJ, I asked the store owner if he would describe MB's as thuggish. He said no, that brown was going through some stuff, and that he was going to call his stepfather until he got the news. You run a store in north county, you are resilient.

A lot of the store owners in west Florissant pack heat, and most of them would not be breaking it out over this. I describe this as wrong, but I work in north county, where you need to be strong and confident if you don't want to be walked on. A coworker fell asleep at 5am in his car last week, and almost got carjacked. If you can't handle yourself, St. Louis will teach you.

Oh baloney.... He strong armed the store clerk. That is, without a doubt, thug like behavior.

You can try to rationalize all you want and just because you live close by doesn't make you an expert.

He demonstrated twice on camera that he behaved like a thug....