Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
I keep telling people, who constantly want to hammer on Obama for ignoring, or not understanding the constitution.....

Obama is a Professor of Constitutional Law.

I think he might have a better understanding of it than most Americans do.

Seriously.

Dave
I don't believe that he or anyone else has an inkling of what a given court may or may not do with any specific case. There are far greater legal scholars than Obama, with his relatively short history, that routinely fail to predict SC outcomes. Granted, better than most Americans, but then that's not really saying much. I would like to read Obama's scholarly legal papers. Anyone know where they're hiding?

Last edited by bhunter; 06-30-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Thank you for the nice report. That was excellent. I didn't know about the search and seizure case. Also, he thought Roberts switched during or after deliberations. Interesting. BTW, how' the heat out their in Kansas?
We've been at or above 100 for the past several days, and it looks the same for the next week - save for one day when the predicted high is 99. We are paying the price for an incredibly mild winter - as I predicted we would.

I'm not the most sue-happy lawyer that you'll ever meet, but to me the Fourth Amendment case was egregious.

"Ma'am we'd like to search you house, because we have a tip that you son might be planning to commit violence."

"You can't search without a warrant."

"Your son has been accused of something, and you are not willing to let us come in an search your house. That sounds suspicious. We're coming in."

And there is no remedy for this Gestapo activity?

Regards,

D-ray
Old 06-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
We've been at or above 100 for the past several days, and it looks the same for the next week - save for one day when the predicted high is 99. We are paying the price for an incredibly mild winter - as I predicted we would.

I'm not the most sue-happy lawyer that you'll ever meet, but to me the Fourth Amendment case was egregious.

"Ma'am we'd like to search you house, because we have a tip that you son might be planning to commit violence."

"Your son has been accused of something, and you are not willing to let us come in an search your house. That sounds suspicious. We're coming in."

Regards,

D-ray

We had a referendum on the ballot in May just about this very subject.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...-police-homes/

THEN!

It was worded to confuse. But it still passed!

http://www.naturalnews.com/036176_In...ice_raids.html

http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article...ce-3612347.php

Wounder how the high court would rule on it when one gets shot?

Barney
Old 07-01-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:

Regards,

D-ray
And now we have another SWAT team breaking down another door by mistake.

Quote:

Imagine you're sitting at home, comfortable on the couch, watching the Food Network, when all of a sudden a heavily armed SWAT team breaks down your door and storms into your living room.

That's what happened to 18-year-old Stephanie Milan, who was watching TV in her family's Evansville, Ind., home last Thursday (June 22), when a team of police officers broke down her storm door — the front door was already open — and tossed a flash-bang stun grenade into the room.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48018051.../#.T-8YzpKVCy9
One of these mistaken raids will end in a SWAT officer or citizen getting killed and then, hopefully, we will see the whole damn tactic unwind in a court case. I've always thought it was wrong for our civilian law enforcement to acquire military assault weapons and the aggressive policing tactics that are now commonplace. I'm glad you're surviving the heat.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

Hell BH they have been doing this with No Knock for years and there have already been innocent homeowners shot and killed because the dumb SWAT team had the wrong address.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:00 AM

But were the swat team members charged with 1st degree murder (as they should be as it was fully planned) Rob?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
... Anyone know where they're hiding?
They're not talking. All we can find is his positive review of Ayer's book

Quote:

Regards,

D-ray
That is AWFUL. Perhaps it's time to join a militia.

Pete