Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:29 PM

The Obama Hate Mongers At Work

I'm becoming more and more afraid that a serious tragedy may befall the First Family between now and November. The hatred I hear spewed at the President and Mrs. Obama, including from some of you here, plus the overt threats of and exhortations to violence, are like nothing I've ever heard in my fairly long lifetime. It's far worse and far more widespread than what preceded the assassination of President Kennedy and on a par with what was directed against Dr. King.

Here's the latest result of the American Two Minutes Hate:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...6fW_story.html

Follow-up:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...2hW_story.html

John
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

He's a patriot.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Area Man

Hmmmmm......
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I'm becoming more and more afraid that a serious tragedy may befall the First Family between now and November. The hatred I hear spewed at the President and Mrs. Obama, including from some of you here, plus the overt threats of and exhortations to violence, are like nothing I've ever heard in my fairly long lifetime. It's far worse and far more widespread than what preceded the assassination of President Kennedy and on a par with what was directed against Dr. King.
Good grief! That's absurd. There always will be possible threats. Here I see even less than what was directed at Bush during his administration. Did you forget : the movie, the burning in effigy, the hatred spewed daily towards his administration, the callousness directed then and now at Cheney. If anything, the opposition is more tentative in its opposition because of Obama's uniqueness as the first AA president. Now that Obama has verbally castigated just about every group sometime during his administration, there is little wonder who stoked the ensuing polarization. It is his only means of getting reelected.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Good grief! That's absurd. There always will be possible threats. Here I see even less than what was directed at Bush during his administration. Did you forget : the movie, the burning in effigy, the hatred spewed daily towards his administration, the callousness directed then and now at Cheney. If anything, the opposition is more tentative in its opposition because of Obama's uniqueness as the first AA president. Now that Obama has verbally castigated just about every group sometime during his administration, there is little wonder who stoked the ensuing polarization. It is his only means of getting reelected.
What in the hell are you talking about?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
BH, you're just plain wrong. You Right Wingers have actually been calling for Obama's death, for "treason" or for just being a "Muslim", ever since he announced his candidacy. As I said, save for MLK, it's unprecedented here.

There have been several foiled death threats against Obama that we know about. No such in the case of Bush. Neither was the stream of vitriol so widespread or virulent against Bush as it has been toward Obama. And when did you hear people talking about killing Laura bush?

There's another, fundamental, difference between the antagonism directed at Obama and that directed at Bush. People hate(d) Bush for what he did but people hate the Obamas just for being who they are.

John
Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Damn! I wanted to say that but you beat me to it so I had to actually answer those ridiculous remarks.

John
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
BH, you're just plain wrong. You Right Wingers have actually been calling for Obama's death, for "treason" or for just being a "Muslim", ever since he announced his candidacy. As I said, save for MLK, it's unprecedented here.

There have been several foiled death threats against Obama that we know about. No such in the case of Bush. Neither was the stream of vitriol so widespread or virulent against Bush as it has been toward Obama. And when did you hear people talking about killing Laura bush?

There's another, fundamental, difference between the antagonism directed at Obama and that directed at Bush. People hate(d) Bush for what he did but people hate the Obamas just for being who they are.

John
I disagree. God, you lefties sure forget things quickly. Wasn't there a whole book and movie about Bush's death. Obama came in with high approval, but promptly lost political capital because of his own arrogant cavalier attitude and the handling, or lack thereof, of PPACA.

Here's a collection of lefty hate:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=612

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-h..._b_518425.html

http://conservapedia.com/Liberal_hate_speech

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090100858.html

There are plenty of examples of the left doing the exact same thing as you're accusing the right of doing. I do not think it is any different than before when polarizing policies existed.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Obama attempts to play group against group which he carves out for political purposes. You need to study how community organizers function. What do you think they organize, a potluck dinner? No, they find cleavages between or within groups and use that as a wedge to garner political power by playing group against group.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Obama attempts to play group against group which he carves out for political purposes. You need to study how community organizers function. What do you think they organize, a potluck dinner? No, they find cleavages between or within groups and use that as a wedge to garner political power by playing group against group.
Unfortunately, that is precisely how nearly all political candidates and parties operate nowadays. I actually find Obama more conciliatory than most, to the point of being a bit Spockish.