Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
Obama attempts to play group against group which he carves out for political purposes. You need to study how community organizers function. What do you think they organize, a potluck dinner? No, they find cleavages between or within groups and use that as a wedge to garner political power by playing group against group.
Oh, please.

Yeah, I've heard this bullshit before. The right doesn't play "group against group".

Huh?

Is you head really that far up your ass?

Sorry for going there......But, really.

Dave
Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
I disagree. God, you lefties sure forget things quickly. Wasn't there a whole book and movie about Bush's death. Obama came in with high approval, but promptly lost political capital because of his own arrogant cavalier attitude and the handling, or lack thereof, of PPACA.

Here's a collection of lefty hate:

http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=612

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rick-h..._b_518425.html

http://conservapedia.com/Liberal_hate_speech

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...090100858.html

There are plenty of examples of the left doing the exact same thing as you're accusing the right of doing. I do not think it is any different than before when polarizing policies existed.
Seriously? Conservapedia? Give me a freakin' break!

And "Bush = Hitler" T-shirts? In America?? Can the end be far off now?

Oh, and as for the film? It was made in Britain by a British filmmaker and, as far as I know, got little or no play here.

And again, BH, can you name me any domestic assassination plots against Bush? Against Laura? Or even any talk of it such as in this case of the DC cop?

John
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Obama attempts to play group against group which he carves out for political purposes. You need to study how community organizers function. What do you think they organize, a potluck dinner? No, they find cleavages between or within groups and use that as a wedge to garner political power by playing group against group.
Project much? You Right Wingers are astonishingly un-self aware.

John
Old 07-13-2012, 10:06 PM

Here's more vitriol from our lovable left:

Quote:
■ “I’m waiting for the day when I pick it up, pick up a newspaper or click on the Internet and find out he’s choked to death on his own throat fat or a great big wad of saliva or something, you know, whatever. Go away, Rush, you make me sick!” — Left-wing radio host Mike Malloy on the January 4, 2010 Mike Malloy Show, talking about Rush Limbaugh going to the hospital after suffering chest pains.

■ MSNBC’s Chris Matthews in 2009 fantasized about the death of Rush Limbaugh: “Somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp”

■ Author/humorist P.J. O’Rourke: “It’s the twilight of the radio loud-mouth, you know? I knew it from the moment the fat guy-”
Host Bill Maher: “You mean Rush Limbaugh and Sean-”
O’Rourke: “-from the moment the fat guy refused to share his drugs….”
Maher: “You mean the OxyContin that he was on?…Why couldn’t he have croaked from it instead of Heath Ledger?” — HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher, February 8, 2008.

■ MSNBC’s Amy Robach in 2006 mildly wondered if “Death of a President” movie depicting the imagined assassination of President Bush was “poor taste or, as some say, thought-provoking?”

■ On his radio show in 2009, Ed Schultz wished for Dick Cheney’s death: “He is an enemy of the country, in my opinion, Dick Cheney is, he is an enemy of the country … Lord, take him to the Promised Land, will you?”

■ Also on his radio show, in 2010, Schultz shouted: “Dick Cheney’s heart’s a political football. We ought to rip it out and kick it around and stuff it back in him!”

■ Then-Air America host Montel Williams in 2009 urged Congresswoman Michele Bachmann to kill herself: “Slit your wrist! Go ahead! I mean, you know, why not? I mean, if you want to – or, you know, do us all a better thing. Move that knife up about two feet. I mean, start right at the collarbone.”

■ Writing on the Huffington Post in 2007, radio host Charles Karel Bouley mocked: “I hear about Tony Snow and I say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you? Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot?”

■ “I’m just saying if he did die, other people, more people would live. That’s a fact.” — Host Bill Maher on his HBO show Real Time, March 2, 2007, discussing how a few commenters at a left-wing blog were upset that an attempt to kill Vice President Cheney in Afghanistan had failed.

■ “Earlier today, a rental truck carried a half a million ballots from Palm Beach to the Florida Supreme Court there in Tallahassee. CNN had live helicopter coverage from the truck making its way up the Florida highway, and for a few brief moments, America held the hope that O.J. Simpson had murdered Katherine Harris.” — Bill Maher on ABC’s Politically Incorrect, November 30, 2000.

■ Host Tina Gulland: “I don’t think I have any Jesse Helms defenders here. Nina?”
NPR’s Nina Totenberg: “Not me. I think he ought to be worried about what’s going on in the Good Lord’s mind, because if there is retributive justice, he’ll get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it.” — Exchange on the July 8, 1995 Inside Washington, after Helms said the government spends too much on AIDS.

■ “I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease….He is an absolutely reprehensible person.” — USA Today columnist and Pacifica Radio talk show host Julianne Malveaux on Justice Clarence Thomas, November 4, 1994 PBS To the Contrary.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Here's more vitriol from our lovable left:
P.J. O'Rourke is a libertarian and works for Cato. He still recognizes, however, that Limbaugh is a cancer.

None of these cited instances were police officers. Hell, most are blowhards and comedians.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Seriously? Conservapedia? Give me a freakin' break!

And "Bush = Hitler" T-shirts? In America?? Can the end be far off now?

Oh, and as for the film? It was made in Britain by a British filmmaker and, as far as I know, got little or no play here.

And again, BH, can you name me any domestic assassination plots against Bush? Against Laura? Or even any talk of it such as in this case of the DC cop?

John
I can't find one for Obama either unless you count the shots fired at the WH when he was in Hawaii.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 PM

Some of those remarks are pretty grotesque but not a single one is germane to the topic of the OP except, peripherally, the question asked by Amy Robach which, of course, is a garden variety moderator question to spur debate between the assembled talking heads.

Okay, maybe the Ed Schultz remark but, as I recall, he got "sat down" for a while. when was the last time that ever happened to a Right Wing talker?

These kinds of remark are daily fare on Right Wing radio. Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage and Marc Levine each manage a few of these everyday. You're not doing very well, BH.

John
Old 07-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
These kinds of remark are daily fare on Right Wing radio. Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Michael Savage and Marc Levine each manage a few of these everyday. You're not doing very well, BH.

John
Yeh, but they're patriots.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
P.J. O'Rourke is a libertarian and works for Cato. He still recognizes, however, that Limbaugh is a cancer.

None of these cited instances were police officers. Hell, most are blowhards and comedians.
I know but they still reflect current events—or so I'm told by the Stewart and Maher fans. Do we know exactly what this officer did? Perhaps, it's a pissed off coworker. Sounding an alarm that Obama is under a greater threat than previous office holders is a bit much IMHO. The 60s were replete with all kinds of violence and threats. We have not reached that level today.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
I can't find one for Obama either unless you count the shots fired at the WH when he was in Hawaii.
Yeah, you must have tried really hard too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reporte...t_Barack_Obama

John