Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:49 AM
Ready

Speaking of Russia, Christina Robb formerly worked as an anchor on their US outlet, OAN. Who is Christina Robb? She's the Trump attorney who was present during the FBI search and signed the property receipt. Anyone think there could be an issue with her having access to Top Secret-SCI material?
Old 08-13-2022, 07:57 AM
Ready

Another law report: I've now accessed the current US Espionage Act language in the current US Code, as opposed to the historic version I saw previously. This is 18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information.

I abstract and summarize:

(e) Whoever having lawful possession of, access to, or control over any...information relating to the national defense, and transmits it to [someone who should not get it], or willfully retains the same and fails to deliver it to the officer or employee of the United States entitled to receive it, or

(f) As (e), regarding anyone with unauthorized possession, or

(g) Anyone, having lawful possession, etc, of any...information relating to the national defense, who (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the preceding has happened, fails to make prompt report of such —

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/793

Note that the act speaks of "information relating to the national defense." The complete statutory language describes such information in considerable detail. It does not speak of information of any particular 'classified' status. Rather, it criminalizes acts (or failures to act) regarding national defense information as described, apparently regardless of whether is is "classified" or not. I believe this, if nothing else, defeats the defense that Trump had authority to declassify information.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Russia suddenly really, really wants to 'protect' Donald Nuclear Secrets Trump

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/...-Secrets-Trump
"Way back in ye olden Mueller days, I would often point out that a man with his own private intercontinental-capable jet and a reliance on overseas money was actually a pretty big flight risk, president or no."

I've been saying since the first impeachment that TFG would skip. Then the GOP (Government Of Putin) started protecting him which meant that "skip" thing would be put on hold unless they could no longer protect him.
I really don't see tRumpolini sitting still for a trial when he knows they have his ass cold. He can't play the victim and scam for donations from the pen.

Donnie tells his SS detail he needs some alone time for a walk on the beach. A black unmarked helicopter sweeps in flying low over the waves. Donny boards for a short hop over to Cuba and boards an Aeroflot flight to Russia.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:28 AM

Exclamation "I'll be watching youuu"

Remember when The Donald claimed the FBI didn't want anyone near during the search so they could "plant" something incriminating? Saying that's why they wanted security cameras turned off. As usual with TFG that's not quite what happened.

I spy with my bloodshot eye...

Quote:
The Trump family was “actually able to see the whole thing,” attorney Christina Bobb said of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago.
Kinda puts a crimp in that "they planted evidence" thing, don't it

Also of interest is how tRumpy got his mitts on those documents in the first place. The FBI will be fingerprinting said documents BTW.
Old 08-13-2022, 09:41 AM

Vile orange piece of garbage leaked Mar-a-Lago warrant revealing names of FBI agents as threats against bureau rise

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2144391.html
Old 08-13-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Speaking of Russia, Christina Robb formerly worked as an anchor on their US outlet, OAN. Who is Christina Robb? She's the Trump attorney who was present during the FBI search and signed the property receipt. Anyone think there could be an issue with her having access to Top Secret-SCI material?
IIRC, she was also very active in the #45 reelection campaign and raising money while she was still an anchor at OANN, which of course raised a lot of eyebrows. But for the cult nothing abnormal. OANN is getting hit now with the Dominion lawsuit and hope it bankrupts them. They should be called the Nasty News Network, they are all attack and no substance. Both AT&T and Verizon dropped them from their cable lineup and no one else is picking them up which of course is a grievance for The Dotard.
Old 08-13-2022, 10:29 AM

I am posting this link, but disgusted after reading the link from #515. Chicks is correct, this Orange Menace needs to be locked up now, he will cause even more mayhem if he is allowed to run his mouth off. Since there was an informant who knew what the documents were and where they were stored, there was someone behind the stealing of this trove of documents. Lets not forget that they returned a few in two stages. This does not pass the smell test that these docs somehow got mixed up in the move and was taken to MAL.

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-i...-where-1732283
Old 08-13-2022, 11:31 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

At least one lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump signed a written statement in June asserting that all material marked as classified and held in boxes in a storage area at Mr. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and club had been returned to the government, four people with knowledge of the document said.

The written declaration was made after a visit on June 3 to Mar-a-Lago by Jay I. Bratt, the top counterintelligence official in the Justice Department’s national security division.

The existence of the signed declaration, which has not previously been reported, is a possible indication that Mr. Trump or his team were not fully forthcoming with federal investigators about the material. And it could help explain why a potential violation of a criminal statute related to obstruction was cited by the department as one basis for seeking the search warrant used to carry out the daylong search of the former president’s home on Monday, an extraordinary step that generated political shock waves.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/13/u...erial-fbi.html

Seems like Trump and/or one of Trump rent-a-lawyers is in trouble. This crime alone can result in a 20 year sentence. Everything Trump touches dies.

Last edited by finnbow; 08-13-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:27 PM

I think AG Garland should charge Trump with espionage if the Justice Department (FBI) has gathered enough evidence to make the case. Longer he waits, worse it will get to convict the Orange Menace.

From Reuters:

Quote:
As president, Trump sometimes shared information, regardless of its sensitivity. Early in his presidency, he spontaneously gave highly classified information to Russia’s foreign minister about a planned Islamic State operation while he was in the Oval Office, U.S. officials said at the time.

But it was at Mar-a-Lago, where well-heeled members and people attended weddings and fundraising dinners frolic on a breezy ocean patio, that U.S. intelligence seemed especially at risk. While Secret Service provided physical security for the venue while Trump was president and afterward, they are not responsible for vetting guests or members.

The Justice Department’s search warrant raises concerns about national security, said former DOJ official Mary McCord.

“Clearly they thought it was very serious to get these materials back into secured space,” McCord said. "Even just retention of highly classified documents in improper storage - particularly given Mar-a-Lago, the foreign visitors there and others who might have connections with foreign governments and foreign agents - creates a significant national security threat."
Lock up the SOB.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trumps...ts-2022-08-13/

Last edited by Rajoo; 08-13-2022 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:44 PM

I just have to say, watching this on tv has been the best daytime tv on these days. I so want to see them hold Trump accountable for something.