Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2013, 04:02 PM
Admin

Unhappy Here comes the flood

Steel braided hose under the master bath sink, upstairs, let loose. Lucky I was sleeping in this morning. One of the cats woke me up by digging in his claws into my knee as he was headed out of the room at light speed. After grumbling at the cat, I hit the bathroom to see what the ruckus was. Hot water was pouring out of the vanity/sink. I sure am glad that I replaced those old multi turn shut off valves with the newer 1/4 turn ball valves as there was already 3/8" of water covering the floor. So, after sopping up the water... I hear Patty yelling downstairs.
Guess where it's raining now-right next to the Vandersteen Threes on to the stereo rack full of amps, receivers and turntables. Phuck me.

I think we caught it before it did any irreparable harm to anything. I hope...

Moral of this story? Check your plumbing and replace all of those outdated shut off valves and hoses and don't replace 'em with that cheap crap from Home Despot, as I did. At least I don't have to get stitches in my knee and all of the kitties are going to get treats for waking me up in time. I just hope that I'm not going to be replacing my new wood strip flooring in the living room.