Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
" It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain
I played with it several times to get a feel for how it was weighted. It was much too simple and the questions lacked appropriate choices. My 34 was even after pro-choice and gay marriage positive votes. It was basically a choice of whether you wanted a big government. I don't.

Last edited by bhunter; 04-10-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I agree that it was poorly drafted. It contained some ridiculous choices; it made unsupported assumptions in its questions; it used some code words designed to highlight viewpoint; and it gave no room for depth of thought. Nevertheless, would anyone be surprised that I came out somewhere between Teddy and Hillary?

Noone, if I had to guess, one difference between your score and my score would have had to do with banning misleading political ads and regulating talk radio.

I would also guess that some of our friends on the right would agree that Pat Robertson is more extreme than Jocelyn Elders - or at least called it a tie.

I would also suspect that some of us on the left put more trust in the Joint Chiefs than in the UN.

Regards,

D-Ray
Yes and No. I do not support misleading political adds but I do support the first amendment hence I have no problem with Rush or anyone running their mouth. I do not believe in shutting up the the other side, I believe in keeping the discourse honest.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:08 PM

Terrible quiz. I got a nine, but I left lots of answers blank. I don't know how that affects things.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal
i scored a more cerebral 14
Quite good,me and you scored exact
Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Quite good,me and you scored exact
seems you are one smart dude!

Last edited by noonereal; 04-12-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 PM

It's probably really stupid for a newbie to start with a political test, but I'm in for a 32.

I think that as soon as you respond to smaller govt and no faith in the UN, the poll scorer algorithm shoots you way past Reagan. Not neccessarily true. I believe there are many TRUE liberals out there that want to reclaim the title of liberal for the good of Thoreau and the founders, who also generally distrust dictation from Washington or the UN.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Howdy flacaltenn. Welcome aboard.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM

FinBow:

Thanks for the hospitality.. I used to love this stuff. You seem like a pleasant bunch of board addicts..
Old 04-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
It's probably really stupid for a newbie to start with a political test, but I'm in for a 32.

I think that as soon as you respond to smaller govt and no faith in the UN, the poll scorer algorithm shoots you way past Reagan. Not neccessarily true. I believe there are many TRUE liberals out there that want to reclaim the title of liberal for the good of Thoreau and the founders, who also generally distrust dictation from Washington or the UN.
Welcome. I look forward to hearing your thoughts about liberal democracy. Merrylander reminds us from time to time that the current GOP cannot accurately be called conservative. It sounds like you might follow that line of thought, but don't let me put works in your mouth.

Do you come here from AudioKarma, or did you just happen to stumble upon a bunch of political junkies?

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-12-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post

True, but I must say you have a great score. <g> The left likes big government because it gives them things and at someone else's expense. A quick look at the economic calamity in California demonstrates what is in store for the rest of the country once the wanton disregard for business occurs. We watch as businesses move to more friendly locales, thus, taking those middle class jobs with them. This, together with our ultra liberal stand on illegal immigration, has polarized society along socio-economic lines.