Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2013, 06:04 PM

How many year will liberal policy have to fail ??

Fives years in to the recovery and growth is at 1 1/2 percent.

The fed has been pumping $ 1,000,000,000,000 per year in to the economy and they can't even get inflation up much less job growth.

Bernanke wanted to taper and figured out that if he does it will crash. All that does is funnel in to the stock market which does little for the working class who vote for the liberal policies.

And people wonder why those who pursue the same policies and expect different results are called insane.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Admin

...and under whose stewardship did this economy happen? Better yet, when. We're a little wonky around here.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post

The fed has been pumping $ 1,000,000,000,000 per year in to the economy and they can't even get inflation up much less job growth.

Bernanke wanted to taper and figured out that if he does it will crash. All that does is funnel in to the stock market which does little for the working class who vote for the liberal policies.

And people wonder why those who pursue the same policies and expect different results are called insane.
I take it from your premise then the appropriate governmental policies would have had a better effect on the economy.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I take it from your premise then the appropriate governmental policies would have had a better effect on the economy.

Regards,

D-Ray
Yes. Policies that hinder small business in particular are a problem because for the past few decades small business is what created all the new jobs.
GE which Obama courts for some reason hasn't increased jobs in years, in this country anyway. Policies that cause small businesses to limit their workers because the policies kick in at a certain number of employees, having to hire workers for the sole purpose of doing government paperwork does nothing for production.

Most of it is unintended consequences of something they really didn't think through.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Yes. Policies that hinder small business in particular are a problem because for the past few decades small business is what created all the new jobs.
GE which Obama courts for some reason hasn't increased jobs in years, in this country anyway. Policies that cause small businesses to limit their workers because the policies kick in at a certain number of employees, having to hire workers for the sole purpose of doing government paperwork does nothing for production.

Most of it is unintended consequences of something they really didn't think through.
Actually GE has brought back much of its appliance manufacturing from China, check some back issues of the Atlantic magazize.

As to Bernanme's policies the big mistake there is the business lobbyists holding up implementation of Dodd Frank. Thus the banks find that they can make greater profits speculating with depositors funds that the can loaning out money at the current rediculous interest rates. Not only do thay make higher profits speculating in derivatives and such, but if they lose it is not their money but the depositors, so you and I through the FDIC will pick up the tab.

America'a biggest industry now is finance, we make money with money whereas we used to make money making things.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:13 PM

Check out the chart that shows the governments share of new loan originations. It would appear the banks are pretty much out of it.

Well, it appears it won't let me link it, but it is above 95%.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...911329450.html

Last edited by ZeroJunk; 09-20-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Admin

Quote:
Check out the chart that shows the governments share of new loan originations. It would appear the banks are pretty much out of it.

Yeh, they want you to pay for the priviledge to read their bullshit, the last publication that I'll waste my hard earned money on is the Wall Street Urinal. Find a reputable source, Zero.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Did you know that all private banks have been getting loans from the Federal government for like decades? And that the interest on said loans determines how many loans consumers get in the private sector. Your notion that banks are somehow totally private institutions is not really true. We have a mixed economy.

http://www.federalreserve.gov/moneta...scountrate.htm

a bank can make private loans, but it borrows from the government to make those loans
Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Admin

Quote:

Huh? I thought inflation was bad.
I'm seein' real estate values climbing back up out of the toilet in the Golden State if that floats your boat.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Huh? I thought inflation was bad.
I'm seein' real estate values climbing back up out of the toilet in the Golden State if that floats your boat.
Why are you unable to make a post without being snarky.

Real estate is doing OK in some areas, others not so much. But, any other time in our history with interest rates at 3 1/2 percent we would not be able to build houses fast enough.

But, the criteria that is used to determine inflation good or bad shows that it just isn't there. Many were forecasting that the easing would cause rampant inflation. It has not because the economy sucks.

Some of the more liberal cities in the country are becoming economic deserts as businesses and wealth which has the mobile ability flees to Texas or wherever taking the tax base with it.