Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM

Uh.... ok....

Oh the things you can see in Wasilla!

It's a horrible picture, but it's an old Chevy pickup with a white haired old man asleep in the driver's seat in the parking lot at Wendy's. His Navy Veteran hat is in the back window, along with a handcrafted wooden sign, routed out to say "I've Outlived My Dick"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wasillian.jpg (71.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Area Man

Sailor humor is so beautiful, it's truly breath-taking.

Dave
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM

hehe. You guys also have Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn.

http://www.skinnydicksak.com/
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
hehe. You guys also have Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn.

http://www.skinnydicksak.com/
It's a classic. Dick died a couple years ago. He was a classic too.

We also had the Bird House, but it's burned down about 15 years ago. It was an old log cabin that had sunk on one end, so everything including the bar sloped at about a 20 degree angle. You had to hold on to your drink or it slid down and off the end.
Sawdust floors, dollars/panties/bras hanging from the ceiling which was only about 5.5 ft, you had to walk around hunched over.
Juke box had nothing but filthy songs loaded on it, such as The Pussycat Song, by Connie Vannett
Guy that owned the place almost always worked the bar, where he would pull pranks on guests and ridicule and rib them mercilessly.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
It's a classic. Dick died a couple years ago. He was a classic too.

We also had the Bird House, but it's burned down about 15 years ago. It was an old log cabin that had sunk on one end, so everything including the bar sloped at about a 20 degree angle. You had to hold on to your drink or it slid down and off the end.
Sawdust floors, dollars/panties/bras hanging from the ceiling which was only about 5.5 ft, you had to walk around hunched over.
Juke box had nothing but filthy songs loaded on it, such as The Pussycat Song, by Connie Vannett
Guy that owned the place almost always worked the bar, where he would pull pranks on guests and ridicule and rib them mercilessly.
Famous place. I've been there 3-4 times over several trips to Alaska back in the '80's. I was also a fan of the Great Alaskan Bush Company.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Famous place. I've been there 3-4 times over several trips to Alaska back in the '80's. I was also a fan of the Great Alaskan Bush Company.
Been a while since I've been to the Bush Company. Used to go there once in a while with a buddy who's now passed on.
There have always been several other venues of this nature in Anchorage, but none have ever come close to the Bush Company as far as quality of the entertainment.
One other place, The Crazyhorse, got busted some years ago for bringing in Russian girls and enslaving them into the trade.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Been a while since I've been to the Bush Company. Used to go there once in a while with a buddy who's now passed on.
There have always been several other venues of this nature in Anchorage, but none have ever come close to the Bush Company as far as quality of the entertainment.
One other place, The Crazyhorse, got busted some years ago for bringing in Russian girls and enslaving them into the trade.
The bigger, fancier Bush Company out by the airport (as opposed to the older, skankier one downtown) had some very appealing Asian gals, as I recall.