Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:47 AM
Resident octogenarian

Yeah Pio I have family in just about every Province and I don't hear any of this 'sky is falling' cry from them. Possessing a rather unique surname I have found that there are something just over forty households of that name up there and genealogical research has shown that the ones who are not direct family are descendants of a four times Great Uncle who emigrated there from England.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:50 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
There needs to oversight of the charges. For one all the suits and giveaways going in and out of Doctors offices from Pharma.........
Then the kickbacks from the manufactures and software distributors of medical needs.

Barney
With some doctors those free samples work to their patients benefit, when prescribing a certain drug he/she hands out what is sometimes the first 90 days supply for free.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Single payer systems are sinking. We don't need to emulate that here.
You could not possibly emulate Single Payer here there is just too much greed in this Jack System here. Ask Speaker Ryan that blind disciple of that Russian whore Ayn Rand.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Forget it, you're proven wrong and still insist you're right. How on earth can ~50% of Americans who live paycheck to paycheck and have no savings save enough with an HSA to realize any meaningful tax savings? Answer: They can't, and even if they could, they'd save at 10% rather than 39.6%. I'm done with this pointless back-and-forth.
Even a lefty like Bezos knows a good deal when he sees one:

For the last few years, Amazon has held at least one annual meeting at its Seattle headquarters to discuss whether it should enter the pharmacy business, says two people familiar with the company's plans.

But this year, with the rise of high-deductible plans and the trend toward consumers paying for health care, it is ready to get more serious.

Pharma costs are a HUGE opportunity within health care to manage costs.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday he does not know how Senate Republicans are going to get enough votes to pass an ObamaCare replacement bill.

"I don't know how we get to 50 [votes] at the moment. But that's the goal,” McConnell told Reuters in an interview.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...-on-healthcare

Surprise, surprise.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Wednesday he does not know how Senate Republicans are going to get enough votes to pass an ObamaCare replacement bill.

"I don't know how we get to 50 [votes] at the moment. But that's the goal,” McConnell told Reuters in an interview.

Surprise, surprise.
"Senate Republicans hope to be able to vote on a bill before the August recess."

It's going to take them all summer? I thought these turds had the world by the tail with der Gropenfuhrer in the WH.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:

Surprise, surprise.
Short memory. How long did it take the PPACA to pass with a Democrat controlled House, Senate and Oval Office? Inauguration 1/2009. PPACA signed into law March 2010.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Short memory. How long did it take the PPACA to pass with a Democrat controlled House, Senate and Oval Office? Inauguration 1/2009. PPACA signed into law March 2010.
Yer party has been at it for seven or eight years now with 60+ attempts at repeal & replace. So, where's the plan?
Old 05-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Now who has he short memory - you forgot the role of the Blue Dog DINOs.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
So, I guess you're conceding that the GOP's sixty previous repeal efforts were all a charade.