Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2016, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
He just likes talking dirty. That's what drew him to Trump.
My gut feeling is that the GOP will look the other way on stuff like Trump's conflict of interest mess as long as he tows the conservative line legislative-wise. If he does come out for something like single payer (very doubtful) then Ryan and his buddies will start murmuring about hearings and impeachment, and then Trump will drop the populist crap to stop that process. Then Trump will tweet about flag burning and all Joads in the world will be lulled back to blind worship.

Yeah being politically incorrect and saying what others are too polite to say is pablum for the masses.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:42 AM
Area Man

Quote:
I'd say most people are generally OK with their health insurance, both before and after Obamacare (provided they're employed, which the majority is). Nothing major is gonna happen. Some tweaks, including some nods to "free market economics" and presto - Trumpcare. A lot of Sturm und Drang getting there though.
Yeah, pretty much. A lot of bellowing and fanfare but little substance.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:44 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
My gut feeling is that the GOP will look the other way on stuff like Trump's conflict of interest mess as long as he tows the conservative line legislative-wise. If he does come out for something like single payer (very doubtful) then Ryan and his buddies will start murmuring about hearings and impeachment, and then Trump will drop the populist crap to stop that process. Then Trump will tweet about flag burning and all Joads in the world will be lulled back to blind worship.

Yeah being politically incorrect and saying what others are too polite to say is pablum for the masses.
I see you've been watching the GOP and it's methods for a while, now.......
Old 12-04-2016, 08:02 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
I don't disagree, but that doesn't mean that most (full-time employed) people aren't generally happy with their current coverage. Therein lies the rub. Change is essential, but people don't want the government making changes to the current status quo if they're generally happy with their insurance.
Well I've had single payer for four and a half years ever since I went on Medicare but that doesn't stop me from wanting it expanded to cover all citizens.

But then I'm not a self centered Bourgeoisie Elitist like you and Ice are.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:25 AM
Persona non grata

Donald Trump on Prescription Drugs

If Trump does this one thing that he promised to do in his campaign he will have accomplished more for Health Care in this country than all of the Democrats have done in the past 50 years.

That's right. Because the Democrats have not done anything significant for health care since Medicare.

http://2016.presidential-candidates....cription-drugs

Quote:
“We have politicians in charge of our country who are taken care of by special interests. I’ll give you an example- Medicare. We’re the biggest drug buyer in the world. We buy drugs to make people better, all of that’s fine. But we don’t negotiate the price of the drugs. So we’re spending perhaps 300 to 350 billion dollars more for drugs buying from our own drug companies. Now people say how’s that possible, that’s not possible. It’s possible because the drug companies have probably the 2nd or 3rd most powerful lobby in this country. They get the politicians and every one of them is getting money from the drug companies, every single one. You know who’s not? Me.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:52 AM

All Chumps For Trump should read this article before posting and blathering about stuff they don't want to learn about:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09e21702e96b9
Old 12-04-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
They may just be not wanting to rush in order to get it right this time.
How many decades do they need to "get it right"?

You think we're all stupid? They have no plan and they have no intention of implementing a plan. They intend on letting the medical industry rape and pillage with no concern for the losers who cannot afford health care. Health care is for the rich. It's the republican trickle up theory. all wealth must eventually be owned by the 1% and what better way to guarantee it than wiping out the wealth of our elderly and middle class through medical bills?.

Last edited by MrPots; 12-04-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
All Chumps For Trump should read this article before posting and blathering about stuff they don't want to learn about:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09e21702e96b9
Shouda thought about that before you threw Bernie under the bus.

Now you're just going to have to live with it.

Losers don't get to call the shots.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Well I've had single payer for four and a half years ever since I went on Medicare but that doesn't stop me from wanting it expanded to cover all citizens.

How does "for the common good" translate to "self centered"?
Old 12-04-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

How does "for the common good" translate to "self centered"?

I will admit I like the "bourgeoisie elitist" moniker...sign me up!