Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Admin

Politics Behind The Orange Curtain

"There have been years when Orange County Democrats had a hard time finding a candidate to run against Republican Congress members, once a sacrificial duty in a county where GOP House members were usually a shoo-in.
Those days appear to be over.

Veteran Democrat Mike Levin announced Wednesday, March 8, that he’ll be challenging Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Vista. Levin joins Democrat Doug Applegate in an election more than 20 months away – even though Applegate mounted a surprisingly strong campaign, coming within 0.7 percentage points of beating Issa last year in the district that straddles the Orange-San Diego county line.
There are also already two declared Democrats candidates to challenge Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Costa Mesa, and two more Democrats who’ve expressed interest in challenging Rep. Mimi Walters, R-Laguna Beach." OC Register

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/i...-campaign.html

Been here since the early '80s and there's a fresh breeze in the air.

Deep red Orange county, Ca. went for the Democratic presidential candidate for the first time since Ike. The birthplace of Nixon and uber Reagan Country is changin' for the better despite that nasty business over in Huntington Beach yesterday.

If that had been a rally for St. Ronnie of RKO Pictures? There would've been 20,000 on the beach instead of a paltry 2,000 angry Trump fans with a bunch of Pepe the Frog fans sprinkled in.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:40 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Yer boy, Darrell Issa, has actually been acting relatively reasonable lately, stepping away from the lunatic ledge. I guess he sees the handwriting on the wall.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yer boy, Darrell Issa, has actually been acting relatively reasonable lately, stepping away from the lunatic ledge. I guess he sees the handwriting on the wall.
My rep is Dana Rohrabacher - GOTP. He was at the state beach yesterday with the Trumpers.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
My rep is Dana Rohrabacher - GOTP. He was at the state beach yesterday with the Trumpers.
Condolences. That guy's a raving lunatic.