Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:09 AM

Clinton VS Trump - April 2017: Trump Still Wins

You've really got to work hard to find this in the WaPo story from yesterday. But it's there, no matter how much WaPo either doesn't want to believe it or want to hide it (probably for fear of alienating their readers). A recent WaPo/ABC news poll showed the following:

The new survey finds 46 percent saying they voted for Clinton and 43 percent for Trump, similar to her two-point national vote margin. Asked how they would vote if the election were held today, 43 say they would support Trump and 40 percent say Clinton.

So, while more folks in the poll voted for Clinton 6 months ago, 6 months later more of those same voters would cast their votes for Trump. In other words, if the election were held again, ABC News/WaPo think that Trump would even win the popular vote. Damn, the Russians never quit to they?

That should be considered a significant news item. It should be even more instructive to the folks at WaPo that regardless of their daily dirge of slanted coverage of the current administration and Congress, the Dems are losing more ground since the election. They do recognize that as an issue, but you have to work hard to find that in the story too:

Democrats have lost considerable ground on this front. The 28 percent who say the party is in touch with concerns of most Americans is down from 48 percent in 2014 and the biggest drop is among self-identified Democrats, from 83 percent saying they are in touch to just 52 percent today. That is a reminder that whatever challenges Trump is having, Democrats, for all the energy apparent at the grass roots, have their own problems.

I'm sure WaPo is pretty concerned about that last paragraph, and will try to figure out how to help fix that as soon as they can.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:07 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You've really got to work hard to find this in the WaPo story from yesterday. But it's there, no matter how much WaPo either doesn't want to believe it or want to hide it (probably for fear of alienating their readers)....
The Post writes it in plain English in black and white and somehow they're trying to hide it? Only in a fevered, Trumpian mind. Go back to Breitbart for some real news.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:55 AM

So there are still lots of extremely ignorant people in this country who don't read, can't think, and who willingly let a buffoon dismantle our democracy and enrich his friends at their expense. Sad!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:40 AM

I subscribe to WaPo and this article was one of the featured ones on their mobile site. So as usual a fake conclusion from whell.

Question I have is this; the people that voted for Trump, when are they going to realize that they have put their money on a fake hero who will never deliver on his promises. 100 days coming up and what does Trump has to show?

Fighting for funding (and threatening) for a border wall and repeal Obamacare while the GOP congress is doing their best to ignore him.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Post writes it in plain English in black and white and somehow they're trying to hide it? Only in a fevered, Trumpian mind. Go back to Breitbart for some real news.
Whell probably doesn't understand that what's hard for him to find may not be for others.

Last edited by nailer; 04-24-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yup. That's my take. The folks at WaPo chose to focus - and to be fair, I think the Sunday news shows did it too - on the "presidential popularity contest" aspect of the poll results. However, WaPo, NY Times and other majors have labored mightily to paint the Trump presidency in the poorest light possible, while minimizing the Dem party's issues. That makes the revelation about Trump's "elect-ability" a relative bombshell, especially since most survey participants identified themselves as "Independents", rather then Repubs or Dems.

But, WaPo chose to bury it. Figures.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:56 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Yup. That's my take. The folks at WaPo chose to focus - and to be fair, I think the Sunday news shows did it too - on the "presidential popularity contest" aspect of the poll results. However, WaPo, NY Times and other majors have labored mightily to paint the Trump presidency in the poorest light possible, while minimizing the Dem party's issues. That makes the revelation about Trump's "elect-ability" a relative bombshell, especially since most survey participants identified themselves as "Independents", rather then Repubs or Dems.

Funny but the article was in plain sight in the edition delivered to our house. If that is burying I'm damn glad WaPo does not own a mortuary.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
On the front page of the print edition, no less.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:23 PM

Now you're mis-characterizing what I posted, probably on purpose.

I didn't state that the article was buried. Quite clearly I stated that a significant result from the survey - the paragraph referenced in my first post - is what was buried.

Try again, gents.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Now you're mis-characterizing what I posted, probably on purpose.

I didn't state that the article was buried. Quite clearly I stated that a significant result from the survey - the paragraph referenced in my first post - is what was buried.

Try again, gents.
There's no polite way to characterize your vapid and pointless post.