Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:26 PM

I think the idiot in chief kept Flynn specifically to snub Obama, it was likely Pence that, once informed, told the iic he has to go-no discussion. Once the Russian links became public the iic had to revise his history of association, which authority doesn't reach his indelible tax returns.

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-09-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You love to mix shit together and call it stew. To me, its just more shit.

First, we only have Ms Yates take on this, which you and the media are treating as unvarnished fact. Second, the "Obama warning" occurred during the transition and Obama apparently told Trump that he thought Flynn wasn't "up to the job"...
Mrs. Yates testified under oath and emphasized that in addition to the White House Counsel, they each had a staff member at both White House meetings (i.e., there are multiple witnesses to corroborate her testimony).

What is further problematic is that Yates informed the White House of Flynn's problems, including his lying about discussing sanctions relief with the Russians, two weeks prior to Pence going on TV and publicly denying that Flynn had done so. Either Trump kept this secret from Pence for two weeks and knowingly sent him out to tell a lie or Pence voluntarily lied. Take your pick.

And yes, Flynn was a traitor. He was a foreign agent of Erdogan's Turkey while in the employ of the Trump campaign, not to mention him taking illegal earning money from the Russians while advising them on sanctions relief while Obama was still President. So, yes, he was and is a criminal and a traitor. Moreover, the deluded clown contributed to the tweet storm that resulted in a deranged asshole shooting up one of my favorite pizza joint. Fry him, I say.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-09-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:51 PM

Yates did better under oath than the vicious little troll playing attorney general.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Yates did better under oath than the vicious little troll playing attorney general.
That dignified and intelligent woman should be our Attorney General instead of that inbred racist moron.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:14 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
As usual--overblown...Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Mao.
As usual, in denial.

None of the dictators mentioned were always dictators. They became dictators, by various routes and circumstances. I recognize Trump is not a dictator yet. Will he become one? Don't know.

Does he flash the personality and proclivities of authoritarianism? Big time. So the danger is much greater now than it has ever before been, in the U.S.

What could happen is most knowable by looking at what has happened before.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Admin

I hope they've seized the good general's passport, wouldn't want him to show up on Ed Snowden's doorstep in Moscow. In the meantime, Flynn should buy a Geiger counter to test his food and drink for Polonium.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Resident octogenarian

Note that Trump only gave Flynn the boot after the WaPo published its story on the affair.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Note that Trump only gave Flynn the boot after the WaPo published its story on the affair.
Yep. Then went on a rant about how Flynn was a "good man" who was treated unfairly. What a farce.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:35 PM

I personally will not be a bit surprised to find out Flynn was the conduit between Russia and Trump during the campaign.

But we will have to wait until the Dems get control over one branch again to find out the truth!

Barney
Old 05-09-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You love to mix shit together and call it stew. To me, its just more shit.

First, we only have Ms Yates take on this, which you and the media are treating as unvarnished fact. Second, the "Obama warning" occurred during the transition and Obama apparently told Trump that he thought Flynn wasn't "up to the job". There's was no discussion about any conflicts of interest at that point. Flynn's disagreements with Obama weren't a secret, so there was plenty of room for Trump to attribute Obama's statements as sour grapes, which apparently he did. For you to conflate that with Yate's assertions are absolute BS.

Your assertion that Flynn is a "traitor" discredits you.
I was wondering when you were going to wade into this. We only have Ms. Yates take on it? Wow, that's an understatement if I've ever seen any. This is like Trump and his birther story.

Here is a alternative fact for you. How about Trump fired Yates because she fibbed on Flynn and made up lies about him.

How did Flynn get fired in the end then?