Old 08-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It does sound amazing.

Pete
Old 08-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'd speculate that his mask is being used to keep Israel from identifying him and targeting his house as has occurred several times in the past couple of days to other Hamas military figures. Our Delta Force and Seal Team guys also conceal their identities for much the same reason (to protect their families).

In contrast to Al Qaeda and ISIS, Hamas does indeed have legitimate grievances despite their loathsome and self-defeating tactics. Sharing tactics doesn't automatically render groups identical. If so, the US government would be the same as the Japanese Imperial Army for their use of waterboarding.

However, if continuing to conflate ISIS and Hamas makes you feel better about Israel's tactics in Gaza, have at it.
I have no problem with equating American torture of prisoners with Japanese torture of prisoners.

But look, if continuing to excuse the murders of innocent people by terrorists makes you feel better, you go ahead and have at it as well.

PS - reckon Bibi oughta wear a mask.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-21-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'd speculate that his mask is being used to keep Israel from identifying him and targeting his house as has occurred several times in the past couple of days to other Hamas military figures. Our Delta Force and Seal Team guys also conceal their identities for much the same reason (to protect their families).

In contrast to Al Qaeda and ISIS, Hamas does indeed have legitimate grievances despite their loathsome and self-defeating tactics. Sharing tactics doesn't automatically render groups identical. If so, the US government would be the same as the Japanese Imperial Army for their use of waterboarding.

However, if continuing to conflate ISIS and Hamas makes you feel better about Israel's tactics in Gaza, have at it.

Palestinians Suspected of Collaborating With Israel Are Executed in Gaza Strip

shot in public on Friday, according to local news agencies and two witnesses, the largest number of such executions reported since the onset of this summer’s battle between Israel and militants in the Gaza Strip.

The victims were not identified but were reported to have been previously arrested or convicted of collaboration, a crime punishable by death under Palestinian law.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:50 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I have no problem with equating American torture of prisoners with Japanese torture of prisoners.

But look, if continuing to excuse the murders of innocent people by terrorists makes you feel better, you go ahead and have at it as well.

PS - reckon Bibi oughta wear a mask.
Show me one post where I have excused the murders of innocent people by terrorists. Your bogus assertion seems to be an effort to rationalize your unwavering support of Israel's unsavory tactics in Gaza, including the bombing/shelling of known UN schools and hospitals.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 AM
Banned

Old 08-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...s-and-schools/

"....

The United Nations has found troves of rockets hidden in three of its schools since the conflict began. “We condemn the group or groups who endangered civilians by placing these munitions in our school,” Chris Gunness, spokesman for the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, said in statement published Wednesday by the Times of Israel. “This is yet another flagrant violation of the neutrality of our premises. We call on all the warring parties to respect the inviolability of U.N. property.”

...."

Pete
Old 08-22-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...s-and-schools/

"....

The United Nations has found troves of rockets hidden in three of its schools since the conflict began. “We condemn the group or groups who endangered civilians by placing these munitions in our school,” Chris Gunness, spokesman for the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, said in statement published Wednesday by the Times of Israel. “This is yet another flagrant violation of the neutrality of our premises. We call on all the warring parties to respect the inviolability of U.N. property.”

...."

Pete
Makes perfect sense to me. Kind of like hiding among civilians and threatening to kill them if they evacuate so there are high numbers of civilian casualties. Then the bleeding hearts of the world condemn the group that is acting out of retaliation for the high civilian death count.

Finn does this happen? How should the Israelis proceed with strikes if hamas is using Palestinians as human shields and their schools/hospitals as weapon's bunkers?
Old 08-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG22 View Post
Makes perfect sense to me. Kind of like hiding among civilians and threatening to kill them if they evacuate so there are high numbers of civilian casualties. Then the bleeding hearts of the world condemn the group that is acting out of retaliation for the high civilian death count.

Finn does this happen? How should the Israelis proceed with strikes if hamas is using Palestinians as human shields and their schools/hospitals as weapon's bunkers?
All while taking U.S. funds to do it.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Banned

QUOTE=finnbow;239051]Show me one post where I have excused the murders of innocent people by terrorists. Your bogus assertion seems to be an effort to rationalize your unwavering support of Israel's unsavory tactics in Gaza, including the bombing/shelling of known UN schools and hospitals.[/QUOTE]

Democratically (hah!) elected or not, Hamas is a terrorist organization. It's terrorists that wear orange, green, black or puce masks so as not to be recognized...not legitimate representatives of legitimate governments. I've never seen a single representative of the Israeli government or of legitimate Israeli military forces wearing masks so as not to be recognized.

You excuse the murder of innocent people by terrorists every time you voice your support of Hamas. Do I really have to go copy and post one of your numerous posts voicing your support of Hamas?

As far as Israel targeting women and children, which is what the last sentence in your post implies...bullshit. Hamas purposfully sets up their positions next to schools, hospitals, and in residential neighborhoods. And I differ with those who say Hamas is hiding behind women and children. They are not. That would mean they hope that Israel will not retaliate if they are hiding behind women and children. Hamas purposefully operates where they do because dead women and children is their primary strategy. Hamas is disappointed when there are not enough dead women and children. They want dead Palestinian women and children. Dead women and children provides Hamas with exactly the anti-Israeli propaganda they are depending on. They know they can't beat Israel...their only hope is to turn world public opinion against Israel. The more dead Palestinian women and children, the better is is for Hamas. Far as I'm concerned...if an Israeli airstrike goes off as designed by the Israelis and civilians are not injured or killed Hamas is killing women and children themselves.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 08-22-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:50 PM

Us arguing just who is more to blame for the unrest. Big waste of time, for both sides are as guilty as the other when it comes to inhumane actions and reactions.

Yes both!

Until both sides see a benefit of working together nothing will change. Short of killing off completely one side or the other there will always be problems unless some real give and take occurs. Big sacrifices for Israel and concessions and or realizations of reality from the Palestinians. I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Barney