We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Any plans to go to Talladega Raceway?
I would love to see a Cup race there.
What do you think I am, one of those fucking Nascar rednecks?
Old 08-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I posted that for fun Zeke.

It wasn't meant for you as you are completely devoid of a sense of humor.
No, you are devoid of context.

Offering a video of two black folks separated by social class where one punches the other because he's desperately trying to show a difference is only "fun" to someone who doesn't understand why rationalizing the behavior of Mike Brown is bad to begin with.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
What do you think I am, one of those fucking Nascar rednecks?
I'll take that as a no.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Been once on VIP tickets from a bud working the race. Fun experience, they took back grounding footage for The legend of Ricky Bobby before the race with a camera car loaded with Panavision cameras pointed everywhere lapping the track, so technically I'm in the movie.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
That was you? Time has not been kind.

Last edited by nailer; 08-21-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:32 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
I'll take that as a no.
I have been known to drink Nascar beer, but only in a pinch.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:34 PM

If only he had complied....

He smoked, he drank, he stole....

He was "bad."

Having been arrested twice and only charges with minor fines. Glad to just get out of jail and paid, could of fought them because I was not doing anything wrong. Both because I fit a profile where driving while Black is term close to driving a Hippie Van with an American Flag for a curtain.

So for me for years I dreaded the passing of police cars and waiting for the 180 and the lights. Most of the time it was a quick search or checkout and or a walk the line. But every now and then I would bite my tongue but did comply. Even when the fresh out of the academy trooper had his shaking hand on the pistol. Good thing for me his Sargent showed up too. All I did was snicker when they dumped out my dirty laundry thinking they had found dope. Over a weeks worth of work uniforms that they had to go through, still bring a smile to my face!

I can see where persons who is hassled daily just because of the color of the skin or neighborhood they live in can have an attitude. Day after day 24/7 from childhood must really wear on you. I could of just cut my hair quit driving a van and fit in. They can't!

Barney
Old 08-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Area Man

Quote:
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of only reading what white people think of this issue.

I found that Huffington Post has a section called "Black Voices" and I've decided to start posting some things from there.

And I posting the entire article on this one. It's short and I think it's something all white people need to read.

So if I get bitch slapped for doing it, I don't care.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tiffan...r=Black+Voices
Tom,

From the Bluestreak Life Dictionary;

Empathy: Something Republicans have been warned by their controllers to avoid, especially when it involves issues of race and/or "entitlement". Empathy is only tolerated when commiserating over taxes, or evil things supposedly foisted up others usually but not exclusively wealthy and white, by the Dark Overlord Obama and his Evil Empire, aka the United States Government.

Regards,
Dave
Old 08-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
I can see where persons who is hassled daily just because of the color of the skin or neighborhood they live in can have an attitude. Day after day 24/7 from childhood must really wear on you. I could of just cut my hair quit driving a van and fit in. They can't!
Barney
I made an effort to fit in while growing up in Florida.

My grandparents got off the boat at Ellis Island from Poland in the 19 oughts, and my parents lived in New Jersey until the year before I was born when they moved to Florida.

Two of my best friends in High School were Crackers and I had to hear a few Polack jokes and the occasional "Wot in the Hail kinda name is that?" but I don't feel like it traumatized me. For the most part I was accepted.

My mom moved us back to North Jersey for a while after she and my old man split and I went to part of the fourth grade up there. That was an interesting time. For one thing the public school, even though it was an old shithole that had been built in 1895, was still at least a year ahead of Florida public schools academically. And the class was full of Wops, Guineas, Dagos, Polacks, Hunkies, etc. We even had one little ole nigga boy in class! I had never seen anything like that before. I mean this was 1956. When the roll was called my last name just blended right in. Nobody turned around and started at me.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 08-21-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:25 PM

In the Army basic training there were always a few guys just called "Alphabet" to save time and embarrassment of both parties.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 PM

If the first words you always hear are "hey get the fuck out of the street" or something equivalent it would wear on me. I know there must not be black people here in PC (actively). But when I think about what it would be like to be black the thought of the first impression I would make everyday to most people in America would be "here comes a black guy" or "this guy is black" or "another black person".

I am over 50 so I am invisible....I am the harmless 50 year old white guy looking for old stereos and books. Sad to say an African American man may never have that feeling when he goes shopping no matter how old he is. I do not think anyone sees me negatively because of my skin color. Ever.

I know Wilson is innocent until proven guilty but my bullshit detector won't be turned off until they find out what really happened. And I think they will.

Last edited by icenine; 08-21-2014 at 08:13 PM.