Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Yep, a sales tax (which this amounts to) will hit the poor the worst. I just saw yesterday that electric bills in Germany went up 20% and gas is $8 a gallon. It will also benefit the government, follow the money.

Pete

So? We have yet to do a damn thing and our electric company was give a 72% rate hike, competive free enterprise my arse.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Shocking. And you base this on your years of study in the field.

Those climate scientists don't know any more than you or I. Just like those doctors don't know anything. Cigarettes will kill you. Pft. Where's the proof? Just as tenuous as the link between carbon and warming.

See, it's that book learnin' that gets us in trouble. We should just stop educating kids alltogether. Keep those fancy ideas out of their heads. How we gonna keep them on the farm...
This is based on my years of experience of being set up and lied to.

I ain't buying this crapola. But feel free to believe as you wish, I'll not stand in your way.

Am I great guy or what?

Chas
Old 12-01-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
So? We have yet to do a damn thing and our electric company was give a 72% rate hike, competive free enterprise my arse.
Maybe we should build a few nuke plants.

Chas
Old 12-01-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Maybe we should build a few nuke plants.

Chas
Chas, brother, I am with you there. Crazy that we're fighting wars, destroying our environment and screwing up the economy when technology gave us an answer to the problem of making energy years ago. Of course it's those Scientists who came up with it, and what do they know?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Chas, brother, I am with you there. Crazy that we're fighting wars, destroying our environment and screwing up the economy when technology gave us an answer to the problem of making energy years ago. Of course it's those Scientists who came up with it, and what do they know?
They do get a lot of things right. And as much as I distrust doctors, they can work miracles at times.

But I'm with Rob on the mammograms and biopsies. My wife went through the same thing and came home looking like she had suffered a gunshot wound to the chest. Seriously. I think she is through with them on that score. I could tell you of several times that they've brutalized her with tests.

Myself, when I'm wounded I go to the liquor store.

Chas
Old 12-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
A man to be admired.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
They do get a lot of things right. And as much as I distrust doctors, they can work miracles at times.

But I'm with Rob on the mammograms and biopsies. My wife went through the same thing and came home looking like she had suffered a gunshot wound to the chest. Seriously. I think she is through with them on that score. I could tell you of several times that they've brutalized her with tests.

Chas
My wife is through with them and our doctor knows it. She has already had too much radiation in her life, I could tell you why but then I would have to shoot you.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:50 AM

I have garbage to burn in the morning. And if this ball of uranium burns up of it's own accord then bring it on. Where's the A1?