Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:47 PM

Let me remind you, that it was one lone Texas Border Patrol Officer than ran into 'the line of fire', used a (dare I say it) gun and killed the guy that went off his rocker.

That person is a True American Hero.

And Rickey "when will we ever learn", learn WHAT ?

Last edited by BigElCat; 05-24-2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:52 PM

My bad, that was Bob.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:53 PM

Bye Bye.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The Texas Attorney General is insisting upon arming teachers. Mind you that these very same teachers, whose unions are communist and who cannot be trusted to refrain from grooming our children to lives of sexual debauchery and hatred of America and white people, should be better armed. Fucking idiots.
Armed teachers would just be the first target of any shooter. Paraphrasing something I heard among todays coverage of the shooting. About the more guns would make us safer nonsense. Texas has more guns than every other state and it didn't help today did it?
Old 05-25-2022, 06:42 AM
Banned

Well it's another case of our 2nd amendment at work, Ms. Boebert. Waiting for the gut wrenching plea for "thoughts and prayers" from the right.

Since this latest massacre of six and seven year olds, I've seen it asked here and there around the internet "what is this country coming to?" We know good and goddamn well why our country is coming to this. And it's not about mental illness as the cons continue to want to peg it. There are just as many crazy people per capita in the UK as we have. And our firearms homicide rate is 40 times the rate in the UK. 40 FUCKING TIMES. After their first mass school shooting in Dunblane Scotland in 1996, it took the Brits a year to outlaw possession of anything but long barreled, non-automatic hunting rifles and shotguns. And now our gun homicide rate is 40 times theirs.

It came to this when we didn't do jack shit after Charles Whitman shot up the University of Texas in 1966, or when we didn't do jack shit after Columbine for christ's sake.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 05-25-2022 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:53 AM

If more guns make us safer why to we have to give little kids active shooter drills? Just asking for a friend. Of course the Repubs will trot out the usual excuses and deflections. It's automatic with them. With so many mass shootings in the good ol' U.S. of A they've had lots and lots of practice.

IMO if you've taken money from the NRA you're compromised. This goes for ANY politician.
Old 05-25-2022, 06:55 AM

This country already many times over is the most heavily armed per person. Also is the leader in school shootings. I heard last night on TV, that the number one cause of death for children is gun violence in our country also.

So once again the answer is the same more guns?

I say time for a different approach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R.839557019b163efaf8a866073606eb15.jpg (44.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 05-25-2022, 08:06 AM

After expecting more of the same from the NRA's representatives in Congress one voice stood above the others.

GOP Rep. Paul Gosar spread a baseless transphobic rumor that the Uvalde school shooting suspect was a 'transsexual leftist illegal alien'

Count Gosar, whose own family says should be booted from office, among those Repubs who just need to STFU but don't know how.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:18 AM

Our totally irrational irrespon$ible policy of providing unlimited free access to ma$$ produced firearm$ with virtually no accountability has everything to do with the pu$h to defend our $acred right to provide vulnerable moving target$ in public $hooting gallerie$ for well-armed deranged homical person$ under their $econd amendment privilege.
Oh, and Ted Nugent gets to have machine gun$ and Wayne La Pierre get$ more bespoke zoot suit$ and private luxury jetliner$. Follow the money.

Last edited by Pio1980; 05-25-2022 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-25-2022, 12:09 PM

Greg Abbott @GregAbbott_TX
Governor candidate, TX

I'm EMBARRASSED: Texas #2 in nation for new gun purchases, behind CALIFORNIA. Let's pick up the pace Texans. @NRA

blog.chron.com
Texas request to buy guns tops 1 million for year

10:53 AM · Oct 28, 2015·Twitter Web Client