Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Alaska has less population than say San Jose, CA which is across the street from me. So let's say that it's a ridiculous sample size if you were into statistics. And to answer question, Alaska is close to breaking even whereas CA is far from break even.

I am sad to say that the only state in the US that I have not visited is Alaska!
We should take a fishin' trip up there, Rajoo.

I've always wanted to catch one of those big assed Halibut and King Salmon is to die for. Right, Was?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:33 PM

Now fishing is one sport this gal knows all about 😊

Did you hear about that TV survival guy, Bear Grylls, taking Obama out in the wilds of Alaska and eating salmon?

I don't know if they aired the show yet.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

I've always wanted to catch one of those big assed Halibut and King Salmon is to die for. Right, Was?
Would love to. Some of the best times I had living on the South Florida east coast was deep sea fishing. Sadly I have never gone deep sea fishing on the west coast.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:32 PM
Persona non grata

Trump über alles!

Coffee break's over, back on your heads.

http://www.thestate.com/news/politic...e60036071.html

Quote:
Donald Trump remains the top choice among S.C. Republicans, according to the first poll released since voting in the 2016 presidential race began earlier this month.

The New York billionaire was supported by 36 percent of the likely GOP primary voters polled, well ahead of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who has second at 20 percent, according to Opinion Savvy.

The margin between Trump and Cruz is similar to the past four S.C. polls taken since mid-December. Trump leads among voters identifying themselves as evangelicals, moderates and very conservative.

Trump has led in S.C. polls since late July. The Republican primary is Feb. 20.

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida remains third at 15 percent, similar to his recent S.C. poll performances.

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush placed fourth at 11 percent, a little higher than other recent polls.

Ohio Gov. John Kasich received a boost from his second-place finish Tuesday in New Hampshire, rising to 9 percent, his highest showing in a S.C. poll. Previously, Kasich never received more than 4 percent backing in the Palmetto State.
Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/politic...#storylink=cpy
Old 02-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Persona non grata

Trump says George W. Bush ‘lied’ to get U.S. into Iraq

Another reason why I think Trump is the best of the Republican candidates. And why he is my number two choice behind Bernie Sanders.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump...108684854.html

Quote:
As the latest Republican presidential debate opened Saturday, Donald Trump, in a heated exchange with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, bluntly accused George W. Bush of lying about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction to fool Americans into supporting the war in Iraq.

“Obviously, the war in Iraq was a big, fat mistake, all right?” Trump thundered when asked about his call for then-President George W. Bush to be impeached. “They lied. They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none, and they knew there were none.”

Trump added, “George Bush made the mistake. We can make mistakes, but that one was a beauty.”
Old 02-14-2016, 08:52 AM
Jigsawed

Trump suggested Ma Bush should be the one running.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:53 AM

Didn't I read here recently that Dubya is still loved by the SC voters? But this does not help Jeb!? Kind of odd. I am glad Trump continues to hold his lead but not happy that Cruz is still lurking around the top. We need Cruz to be in the lower strata so that this will drive the conservatives and evangelicals nuts and subsequently keep them home during the general election. Who said I am opposed to voter suppression?
Old 02-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Didn't I read here recently that Dubya is still loved by the SC voters? But this does not help Jeb!? Kind of odd.
That's the conventional thinking, however conventional thinking hasn't been right about Trump yet.

We shall see how it plays out in the polls in the next few days, or better yet, in the primary that is only six days away.

I'm wondering if Trump is so confident of his lead for the nomination that he's starting to campaign more for the general election.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
That's the conventional thinking, however conventional thinking hasn't been right about Trump yet.

We shall see how it plays out in the polls in the next few days, or better yet, in the primary that is only six days away.

I'm wondering if Trump is so confident of his lead for the nomination that he's starting to campaign more for the general election.
Trump doesn't campaign, he is either performing or bullying. Working like a charm most of the time but he does need to hire a debating coach or two after yesterday's performance.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post

Copper River delta has the best Salmon in the world. Just fly into Cordova and let the fishing begin