Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Admin

Back on topic. I hope the protests at the People's Park in Lafayette Square continue right through the Trump's last day in the WH, Jan.21, 2021.

He needs to see hundreds of loyal citizens voicing their ire every time he boards Marine One or looks out the window.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:55 PM

Hope this is settling down for one and all.

There were people taking advantage of the protests to act out in antisocial ways. I'm hoping cooler heads are at play.

Louisville has been busy with protests due to two recent shootings. Shots were fired at PD and locals shot. One died. This last one is still under investigation. Fired the Police Chief.

I live outside of Louisville in the country, stay home at night. My days of protesting I hope are over.

Unless November is crazy.....
Old 06-03-2020, 05:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Hope this is settling down for one and all.

There were people taking advantage of the protests to act out in antisocial ways. I'm hoping cooler heads are at play.

Louisville has been busy with protests due to two recent shootings. Shots were fired at PD and locals shot. One died. This last one is still under investigation. Fired the Police Chief.

I live outside of Louisville in the country, stay home at night. My days of protesting I hope are over.

Unless November is crazy.....
I remember when the graybeards and their wives started showing up to protest the war fifty years ago in Warshington DC. Veterans, too.
Unfortunately, I'd need my walker to march more than a few blocks these days. 45 years in the trades has left me basically broken. The sawbones want to fuse some vertebra in my lower spine and my right hip is showing a fair amount of arthritis. Oh well...maybe a wheel chair?
Old 06-03-2020, 05:48 PM

Sorry to read about your problems. Wife went today for therapy on her arthritic hip.
Yes I think we all abused our bodies working thinking we were being careful and smart. I worked for a major air lines for years and also suffer from lower back and neck issues. So far a shot in the back and exercises keep the lower back in check. Now the neck need to have surgery last year. Boy did that set me back some. Don't heal up quick anymore at my age.

I will defiantly be out this November if need be.
Even if in a wheelchair!
Old 06-03-2020, 06:27 PM

The small town I live near has its first protest gathering and march, didn't know anything until the paper did a front page article today.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
The small town I live near has its first protest gathering and march, didn't know anything until the paper did a front page article today.
I have some serious crow to fry up.

I've been shitting on the younger set for decades because they're self absorbed pinheads that don't vote. It's quite heartening to see them out in the streets in force. I hope they'll remember to vote this November.

They are also stopping a lot of this Black Bloc/BoogalooBois arson and thievery.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Wow! There was a protest in Newport Beach, Ca.!?!?!!!!

Donnie 'The Deadbeat' is truly screwed if he's lost Newport.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:53 AM

Tone deaf police union response.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-biden-300222
Old 06-07-2020, 04:21 PM
Admin

Protests are cropping up in most Australian cities, London, South Africa and South Korea. These aren't adversarial nations, they are our staunchest of allies.

It's truly heartening to see how these now massive protests have settled into a kind of peaceful rhythm after the mayhem of last weekend. I hope this energy is carried over to the ballot box in November.

America's angry orange boil needs to be lanced and drained.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Admin

Well, well. I'll be damned, Mittens showed up to march today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...DMWMTIWNZ6D35Y