Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-01-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
You mean, Biden should echo Trump?

Biden is in a bad position...be weak on China and confirm his critics, be strong on China and validate Trump.

As a matter of fact, the US is in a bad spot. Having given up a significant section of its manufacturing base it is now woefully dependent on China for a whole slew of goods and in a time of massive printing of money US cannot afford a shortage of consumer goods. That would be a recipe for runaway inflation.
The distribution of printed money now, in the time of Covid, is somewhat different than before. Covid has forced the powers that be to give money directly to the people. Previously fiat was shared mainly by those close to the printing - bankers, and their friends - whose spending and investment habits are radically different from the average joe.

The matrix that is now imposed on US society and its economy by Covid is not going to change for now. It seems to me that some states have adopted a de facto herd immunity policy to confront the new complexities.

Trump tough on China?
He talked all big and tough yet did little to nothing, nothing of real substance.

As to Biden echoing, he needs to be in front of this, not responding later to the rights assertions. If even all that comes of it would be reforms to the ways research and its safety are handled.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
You mean, Biden should echo Trump?

Biden is in a bad position...be weak on China and confirm his critics, be strong on China and validate Trump.
Trump tough on China? The only things that Trump's tough on China policy got us was no masks when we needed them and a 25% tariff on goods that hurt a lot of small businesses. And where did that money go?

Wonder how much money we as a country spent buying masks in desperation during the initial stages of the pandemic.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:11 PM
Jigsawed

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Trump tough on China? The only things that Trump's tough on China policy got us was no masks when we needed them and a 25% tariff on goods that hurt a lot of small businesses. And where did that money go?

Wonder how much money we as a country spent buying masks in desperation during the initial stages of the pandemic.
And validate Trump's criticism of US positions on China.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:15 PM

The Democrats if to be successful need to peel off or regain support from those who voted for the past president. Most of the voters in this country don't want open borders, jobs leaving the country. Support police and the military. The Dems with all of the media savvy supporters still have a hard time selling the brand. Need to with their messaging, dumbing it down to attract the hanging fruit being gobbled up by the right now.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
The Democrats if to be successful need to peel off or regain support from those who voted for the past president. Most of the voters in this country don't want open borders, jobs leaving the country. Support police and the military. The Dems with all of the media savvy supporters still have a hard time selling the brand. Need to with their messaging, dumbing it down to attract the hanging fruit being gobbled up by the right now.
Agree with you that the Democrats have very poor messaging and I believe its due to the fact that we have no good messengers since Mr. Obama. Even President Biden who is very likeable is not effective at public speaking or messaging. Perhaps a few from his very competent administration will step up.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:26 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
Additionally, Democrats should put Russia in a realistic perspective. Some glimmer of hope: statements by new Defense Secretary, and Biden's position on START.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Agree with you that the Democrats have very poor messaging and I believe its due to the fact that we have no good messengers since Mr. Obama. Even President Biden who is very likeable is not effective at public speaking or messaging. Perhaps a few from his very competent administration will step up.

Use to believe some time ago, that it is all too evident what the republicans are all about. No real need to drive home the facts to others, they were out for all to see plainly. Much like a union and workers.
Then it slowly occurred to me that a big portion of people were lazy, low information types. More willing to rationalize grumble gripe blame someone else then thinking of or facing hard truths about their life. Then to try say doing something, anything about it!

The climate and energy crisis's over population dwindling resources nuclear energy and lastly this C-19 outbreak has drove home thus proving it to be more then any theory.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:12 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
I haven't been around as much as I used to and I'll be very honest about why: the mere consideration of Trump as our executive made me viscerally ill and I had to unplug.

That said, bright young folk like Stacey Abrams and Pete Buttigieg give me hope for the future. Biden is a bridge to people like them, likeable in his own right, and capable of transformative stage setting.

I'm looking forward to it and being around more.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:55 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
I haven't been around as much as I used to and I'll be very honest about why: the mere consideration of Trump as our executive made me viscerally ill and I had to unplug.

That said, bright young folk like Stacey Abrams and Pete Buttigieg give me hope for the future. Biden is a bridge to people like them, likeable in his own right, and capable of transformative stage setting.

I'm looking forward to it and being around more.
Hope we can help you process what's coming, which will include plenty more trouble. (See Oeret's post directly above yours for why.)

Last edited by donquixote99; 02-02-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:58 PM

If one were to look at the electoral map of states like Arizona and Georgia, there is a concentration of Blue voters around their major cities of Phoenix and Atlanta surrounded by red counties. These legislatures are not going to change to blue anytime soon. So the red states will continue to elect Republican senators because they control the redistricting. As Moscow Mitch has shown, its the senate that has a bigger influence in governing this country.

So I see a big rift occurring between the well educated upscale urban centers and the surrounding ill educated economically depressed counties. How are they ever going to unite?