in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I find this very very humorous

Pete
Old 08-29-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
So he got a Nobel Peace Prize for being black?

Pete
Well, for being black and the second coming of Christ. Last I heard they were wanting it back. The only peace Obama's worried about, is his piece of the pie.

Here, read some funny liberal blog shit. http://bloggingblue.com/2012/02/02/t...ce-prize-back/

Last edited by Twodogs; 08-29-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Well, for being black and the second coming of Christ. Last I heard they were wanting it back. The only peace Obama's worried about, is his piece of the pie.

Here, read some funny liberal blog shit. http://bloggingblue.com/2012/02/02/t...ce-prize-back/
Here's the Nobel Committee's citation. Don't let your head explode, Jay. I read it as a congratulatory note to the United States for heading away from destructive and counterproductive militant unilateralism of the NeoCons. It was, in effect, an award for our country for having the good sense to shitcan Dubya.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama's vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population.

For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman. The Committee endorses Obama's appeal that "Now is the time for all of us to take our share of responsibility for a global response to global challenges."
Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

It's amazing how he did all that in the 12 days he was President before nominations were closed

Pete
Old 08-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
It's amazing how he did all that in the 12 days he was President before nominations were closed

Pete
Again, Pete, Obama was the proxy for an America that came its senses and repudiated the NeoCon 's wet dream.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Mitt is going to "Save America!!!", under the assumption that "America as we know it, will be no more...." if he should lose.

Sounds like a serious Messiah Complex to me.

Dave
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Finn, such as doing exactly what it was already doing in the ME?

Pete
Old 08-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Finn, such as doing exactly what it was already doing in the ME?

Pete
I think they realized (or hoped) that someone like Obama would have never gone to Iraq in the first place and that he would do his damnedest to get us out of Dubya's mess. To say that Obama has the same NeoCon foreign policy/philosophy as Dubya, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Feit, and Bolton is simply untrue, Pete, and you know it (or should).

Was he deserving of such a prize? No. Did America seem like it had turned a pretty big corner at the time, worthy of acknowledgment? Probably so. Unfortunately, your party seems destined to lose whatever good will Obama achieved in the world if it wins (Romney has a bunch of NeoCons, including Bolton advising him).

Last edited by finnbow; 08-29-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Heck even the libs I knew then were embarressed about it.

Regardless I've never heard of someone getting a Peace Prize for probably not doing something someone else did back when he was a teacher. In the meantime our bipartisan foreign policy rolls on.

He did do something Bush didn't - weaseled out of a Congressional vote on Libya.

Pete
Old 08-29-2012, 04:04 PM

If George is so great how come he is not at the Convention Pete? How come Jeb is on the sidelines and they have to hold their noses and nominate Romney?