Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:01 PM

Romney the self made man

This is priceless.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/0...-out-th/189594

I think Ms. Kelley is gunning for some Romney coc.. ahh I mean money. You can't paint yourself up and make millions doing stupid fluff pieces like this one forever.

Yes He lived in a $75 a month basement apartment. So did Janet and I. I am younger than Romney. I bet he did not sleep next to the 1940's heater plant for a four story house. $75 just did not get you as much basement apartment in the 70's as it did in the 60's.

When I did my mandatory mission work I lived in a grass hut in Kenya. Just kidding. When Romney did his he rented a palace in France. Not kidding. He also managed to dodge the draft for a war he protested for.

It must have been tough in college to have to cash in stock, that daddy gave him, to pay for his dry cleaning.

Romney started out on third base and the walk to home plate was very easy

I wonder who gave Obama stock to cash in to get through Harvard Law.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM

Give him slack....his dad was President of American Motors...not one of the Big 3 so there is his street cred...
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Resident octogenarian

If he is a self made man it is simply a shining example of unskilled labour.

Last edited by merrylander; 08-29-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Area Man

And I am Queen Victoria reincarnate.

Mitt Romney is a soulless sack of bovine excressence. But, the GOP sycophants at Faux will do anything to hang pearls on that pig, lest they have to spend four more years diligently smearing Obama.

With farts that smell of Gardenia,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-29-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM

The last two self-made elected Republicans were Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. Nixon really did come from humble beginnings.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
The last two self-made elected Republicans were Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. Nixon really did come from humble beginnings.
Well, Reagan, yes, but Nixon's father, after the family ranch failed, opened a grocery/gas station. Nixon's quote, "We were poor but we didn't know it." says a lot. If you're truly poor you damn well know it.

John
Old 08-29-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Well, Reagan, yes, but Nixon's father, after the family ranch failed, opened a grocery/gas station. Nixon's quote, "We were poor but we didn't know it." says a lot. If you're truly poor you damn well know it.

John
I do not think they were very far then...Nixon had to get up way early to help his dad sell vegatables in another part of town (maybe LA) and then go to school afterwords...One of the best books about him is Nixon Agonistes:The Crisis of the Self Made Man.

I think Nixon was a liberal when you really look at him closely.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM

I smell me some haters. Whatever you fellers do, don't try to improve your own lot in life. Just sit around and bitch about the "haves". I tried poor and broke, didn't much care for it.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I do not think they were very far then...Nixon had to get up way early to help his dad sell vegatables in another part of town (maybe LA) and then go to school afterwords...One of the best books about him is Nixon Agonistes:The Crisis of the Self Made Man.

I think Nixon was a liberal when you really look at him closely.
If you attend Quaker schools as both Nixon and I did you tend to develop a truly Liberal mindset. Not in the sense of modern US politics, but in the way you live your life.

I think politics corrupted Nixon's Quaker values and a prime example has just come out from the LBJ library to prove it. It is a recorded phone call where LBJ basically discovered that Nixon was queering a peace agreement that would have ended the Vietnam war during LBJ's last year in office. LBJ came right out and said the actions Nixon engaged in was treason. There are several theories as to why Nixon did what he did. One was to insure a victory over Hubert Humphrey and the other was to keep the war going for the weapons industry.

Getting back to his Quaker upbringing the number one thing you are taught starting out in what they call pre-kindergarten is that war and killing another human is wrong. That is pounded into your head for thirteen more years until you complete upper school. Nixon is personally responsible for four of the bloodiest years of the Vietnam war. That is not what a quaker would have done.

I think today's Republicans would have considered Eisenhower a communist. Nixon, Ford, saint Ronnie, GHWB would be considered left wing Liberals.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I smell me some haters. Whatever you fellers do, don't try to improve your own lot in life. Just sit around and bitch about the "haves". I tried poor and broke, didn't much care for it.
The "hater" thing won't work anymore. I think most of us here have done just that and live pretty well. Maybe we don't have a car elevator in the garage, but we're hardly starving either.

It's not the fact that he's wealthy, it's the notion being put forth that Mitt is a "Self-made man" that we challenge. It's a lie, made to dupe gullible fools.

Bill Gates is even wealthier. And his actually is a "self-made man". But, you don't see me trashing him, do you?

See, I admire people who actually build things. I have no use for the piglets who accrue wealth by screwing people like you and me. And, that would be your boy Mitt.

Even the Robber Barons of old had their distateful ways. But, at least they built huge amounts of industry and actually created something doing it.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-29-2012 at 03:07 PM.