Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Why do progressives hate education?
Why do you hate America?
Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Why do you hate America?
Why is patriotism thought to be blind loyalty to the government and the politicians who run it, rather than loyalty to the principles of liberty and support for the people? Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it’s wrong.
– Ron Paul 2012
Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Hillsdale and yours?
Hillsdale, eh? At least you go to a Hannity-approved institution.

Virginia Tech, Tulane University and George Washington University (2 Engineering degrees and an MBA).

As you can see, I hate education.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
One thing I'm not is afraid. Another thing I'm not is gullible. Also, you may have noticed that I don't suffer fools gladly.
I bet I could get you to giggle if I jingled a shiny object in your face based on your fear of an adult debate. Just saying "Waaaa I am not gullible" but not having a legitimate rebuttal for a claim is just lazy. If you are going to spew your emotions instead of facts then least you should know why you feel what you are regurgitating.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Why is patriotism thought to be blind loyalty to the government and the politicians who run it, rather than loyalty to the principles of liberty and support for the people? Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it’s wrong.
– Ron Paul 2012
This smiley - - is intended to convey sarcasm. There are not many here who believe that questioning the government is unpatriotic. Most here believe in critical thinking, however. That includes determining the motivations for many of the sponsors of websites.

It also includes measuring the confidence that one has in a blogger by observing the accuracy of the alleged facts upon which he relies. An author who indicates that the Constitution of the United states was written in 1776 or 1777 shows a mistaken understanding of history. Insofar as the author was opining on an historical event, that inaccuracy calls into question the accuracy of his conclusions.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
I bet I could get you to giggle if I jingled a shiny object in your face based on your fear of an adult debate. Just saying "Waaaa I am not gullible" but not having a legitimate rebuttal for a claim is just lazy. If you are going to spew your emotions instead of facts then least you should know why you feel what you are regurgitating.
Me regurgitating? You're the one who posted the conspiracy theory video and I'm a structural engineer who has engaged in multiple investigations of structural collapses and helped to write national standards to prevent them.

You chose to believe somebody who believes that baking soda cures cancer and I choose to believe a report prepared and peer-reviewed by some of the best engineers and fire protection people in the country.

You're a feckin' tool and too stupid to recognize it. I hope they grade on a generous curve at Hillsdale.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
This smiley - - is intended to convey sarcasm. There are not many here who believe that questioning the government is unpatriotic. Most here believe in critical thinking, however. That includes determining the motivations for many of the sponsors of websites.

It also includes measuring the confidence that one has in a blogger by observing the accuracy of the alleged facts upon which he relies. An author who indicates that the Constitution of the United states was written in 1776 or 1777 shows a mistaken understanding of history. Insofar as the author was opining on an historical event, that inaccuracy calls into question the accuracy of his conclusions.

Regards,

D-Ray
I agree, you lost a lot of credibility when you didn't know there were originally 12 amendments in the Bill of Rights and nowhere was there the words "The Constitution of or for the United States". I will give you another chance though.
"The Original Bill of Rights - Text Version

Here is the complete text of the original twelve amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

Article I

After the first enumeration required by the first article of the Constitution, there shall be one representative for every thirty thousand, until the number shall amount to one hundred, after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than one hundred representatives, nor less than one representative for every forty thousand persons, until the number of representatives shall amount to two hundred; after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than two hundred representatives, nor more than one representative for every fifty thousand persons.

Article II

No law varying the compensation for the services of the Senators and Representatives, shall take effect, until an election of Representatives shall have intervened.

Article III

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Article IV

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Article V

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Article VI

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Article VII

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Article VIII

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Article IX

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Article X

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Article XI

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Article XII

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
Old 02-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Loyal Opposition

Someone take the shovel away from that girl before the hole gets any deeper. The Bill of Rights consisted of the first ten amendments. Look at the ratification dates of the amendments, and you will see different ratification dates for amendments 11 and 12.

I did manage to get a bit of education on the meaning of the Constitution. It's called a Juris Doctor Degree.

By the way, I have read the Constitution a few times, and the list you posted above is entirely inaccurate.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 02-26-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Someone take the shovel away from that girl before the hole gets any deeper. The Bill of Rights consisted of the first ten amendments. Look at the ratification dates of the amendments, and you will see different ratification dates for amendments 11 and 12.

I did manage to get a bit of education on the meaning of the Constitution. It's called a Juris Doctor Degree.

Regards,

D-Ray
Here, let me help you out again. These are the original 12 .
http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyame...bill/text.html
Congress responded by submitting Amendments to the Constitution providing for essential civil liberties. They were officially proposed on September 25, 1789. Of the original twelve, Articles 3-12 were ratified. Accordingly, in 1791 these articles became the first ten amendments to the Constitution.....known collectively as The Bill of Rights.

Here are the original twelve amendments as they appear in The Laws of The United States of America, printed by Richard Folwell, Philadelphia, in 1796.

Last edited by Samm; 02-26-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Admin

This joint Sammantha? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsdale_College

Oh my, did Ann Coulter teach your debate class? <sarcasm>