Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:48 AM

The Creature from Jekyll Island

This is a book. The Creature from Jekyll island, by G. Edward Griffin. A Second Look at the Federal Reserve.

It's not about some monster that crawled out of the sea and started eating everyone and everything up...although that pretty much sums it up. While you may not agree with all of Mr. Griffin's conclusions, it does provide a lot of insight as to how our monetary system works, and an understanding into what is happening with the current financial collapse. At 608 pages, it's not a quick read, and should probably be read a couple of times.

I highly recommend this book, it contains the kind of information that they should teach is schools, but don't. But then again, I'm stark raving mad, so who cares about what I think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19560256183936

Another interesting link as to the history of money. Face it folks, it's all about money. If this link doesn't work, you might try to Google "The Money Masters". Takes a couple of hours to watch it, but well worth it IMHO.

Now if you're one of the boys running things, you probably already know all of this. If you're a member of Congress, you probably don't, and don't want to...as long as those contributions keep coming in.

Just a crank sounding off,
Chas
Old 05-17-2009, 12:08 PM

"At 608 pages, it's not a quick read, and should probably be read a couple of times."

Sadist.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:05 PM

Sadist?

Not me. The sadist's are the one's who are looting your 401K/IRA/investments (via stock market), your savings (via inflation), while attempting to control your life (via regulation), using the very problem that they created as an excuse to save you from the problem that they created.

It's all about control, and making a buck while doing it. Where did all of that bailout/TARP money go? Why doesn't the government want it back?

Face it, we're all sitting at the big boys poker table, and they cheat. Other than luck, a basic understanding of the game is the only chance you have of protecting your assets.

Just attempting to provide a little knowledge as a public service...and perhaps stimulating a touch of lively discourse.

Hell, this is about politics, and what is more political than money,
Chas
Old 05-17-2009, 03:39 PM

Easy Charles I was joking about reading a book that long twice not disagreeing!

I agree we are playing against a stacked deck. Not sure that with both parties in bed with the banks that we can do anything but wave goodbye (with a one finger salute if that makes you feel better) as the train leaves the station.

A mass protest might lead to congressional hearings and a few more regs to reign in hedge funds and such. But in a few years the "masters of finance" will find ways around the new rules and John Q. Public will be asleep again.

As will congress except when it comes to campaign contributions.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:11 PM

Ausjoe

Sorry,

I come across as a humorless pain in the ass. If you were sitting with me, drinking beer, you would realize that is not the case. You would soon realize that I'm a drunken, loud mouthed, pain in the ass.

I knew you were joking.

Chas
Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

Ah well I see in yesterday's Washington Post that George Will has it all figured out, an unfettered free market will regulate itself just like ticket scalpers. It is reall sad to watch the onset of senility.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:44 PM

George Will

Ah well I see in yesterday's Washington Post that George Will has it all figured out, an unfettered free market will regulate itself just like ticket scalpers. It is reall sad to watch the onset of senility.

No kidding, George Will said that? I haven't read his piece.

Perhaps he has a point.

Chas
Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

No kidding, George Will said that? I haven't read his piece.

Perhaps he has a point.

Chas
Yeah, on his head.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Sorry,

I'm a drunken, loud mouthed, pain in the ass.

Chas

Now that I can respect.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

And I am an opinionated old fart, welcome to the club.