Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:37 AM

Customer Service in the age of Cyber Service.

In this ever increasing age of ours, one in which an ever more increasing reliance in going to the net for items. It seems customer service is being lost. Now it could be because of the loss of face to face interaction or the under staffing at the destination. Or a combination of many individual minor occurrences when added up are the cause.

Sunday when moving my twenty something pick nick table it decided to retire. So the search for a new one commenced. You would think spring time would be a peek inventory time.

After some calls found out quickly we had to order via the internet for one at a local big box store . They had them just need to build it. So over the phone wife placed the order paid and agreed on Wednesday for pickup.

Guess it was my fault for waiting until 2PM to call and see if it was ready. Did not want to be a pest. First person had no record of transaction. Second said the guy was going home and didn't have time to build it. After I told them I'm on my way to put a boot up someone ass! A third person told me they at least five built so come on down.

Get there 15 minutes later and guess what? No table not one, none to be found. Left hand meet right! So after 30 minutes of them running around they inform me to come back in 2 hours. Volunteered a refund of 25% and apologized. Total lack of follow through.

With all the reliance on computers something as simple time management and supervision is getting lost. Always going to the current fire to put out.

Barney
Old 05-08-2014, 09:10 AM

I think customer service was forgotten years ago.

I remember one Christmas season when my boys were about four years old and I was shopping with them. We went into a toy store and all the time I was looking for what we needed to purchase, I was constantly telling my boys, "don't touch that", "no, you can't play with that", etc.

Then, when I got to the checkout counter, the cashier was on the phone, an obvious personal call from the conversation, and I waited a few minutes for her to hang up and ring up my purchase.

When it became clear that she had no intention of hanging up and was ignoring me as I stood two feet away from her across the counter, I had an evil thought.

Once my two four year old boys had a free reign in that toy store... The personal phone call ended real quick.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:33 AM

In my opinion Custer service never existed it is just a game of hit or miss,they computers would make it more streamlined,BULSHIT,it has gotten worse.But it fits in to al the other problems the world has.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:17 PM
Ready

'Next time,' use the net, use CL. Find a local guy to build a picnic table. You'll get a swell table and perfect service.

Screw the corporations. We are entering the age of makers. Whatever you need, you can make it, or someone who loves that craft can make it.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:02 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
'Next time,' use the net, use CL. Find a local guy to build a picnic table. You'll get a swell table and perfect service.

Screw the corporations. We are entering the age of makers. Whatever you need, you can make it, or someone who loves that craft can make it.
I had a guy build me a Bistro Table and four stools, bar height, for about a third of the price of anything I was able to find in any furniture store. Furthermore, it was exactly what I wanted, not what some designer wanted me to have.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 PM

I am doing battle with a Chinese Cutermore service agent via email and I tell you they are brutal and no Bullshit to the point.and I feel that is going to be the norm soon As china is getting a firm grip on the American retail market,The waltons are either gonna make a deal with em or it is gonna be a helluva war.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I had a guy build me a Bistro Table and four stools, bar height, for about a third of the price of anything I was able to find in any furniture store. Furthermore, it was exactly what I wanted, not what some designer wanted me to have.
There ya' go! That's what I'm talking about.

You got a picture of it?
Old 05-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
'Next time,' use the net, use CL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sALru9IJk
Old 05-08-2014, 01:58 PM

We are having a little family get together on Saturday. Grandson's first YOU'ALL! If close come by!

Was just going to put a fresh coat of paint on the old table. It was pass the legal drinking age and still solid and heavy. All treated 2X6's. But the screws had rusted and gave way on one side when moving. This after sanding it down on the top side!!!

Pushed for time quickly decided it needed to go. So the getting a new one was sorta a rush job. I had a way of getting rid of the old table on Sunday and the big box sounded like a good deal. Ended up after the refund because of the delay was less then $70 total.

Barney

Last edited by Oerets; 05-08-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:01 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
There ya' go! That's what I'm talking about.

You got a picture of it?
Give me a few minutes.