Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

This one's for you, D-Ray (and everybody else too)

Rush Limbaugh tries to assign partial blame to the unions for the WV coal mine disaster (failing to acknowledge that the mine owner was a union buster and the mine was accordingly non-union).
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Rush Limbaugh tries to assign partial blame to the unions for the WV coal mine disaster (failing to acknowledge that the mine owner was a union buster and the mine was accordingly non-union).
Thank you sir. I don't know whether to feel smug or incensed. Perhaps I can feel smug toward Slow on the Uptake Limbaugh, and furious with Blankenship. I wonder what the odds are that the SOB will be looking for employment. It would be just desserts for him to be held criminally liable for cutting corners on safety, misleading OSHA inspectors or something of the like. It sounds like he has already violated the National Labor Relations Act, but the NLRB has been toothless for years. I'll bet the UAW gets cards from 80% this time, and Blankenship's ugly face will be in the campaign fliers.

As far as Limbaugh goes, this is just par for the course for him. He never lets the truth get in the way of his tongue wagging.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Area Man

Limbaugh blames the unions for everything. Funny how someone who is outrageously overcompensated can sit on his fat ass and bitch for hours that someone else is overcompensated for sitting on their ass and bitching. Fuck him. I wish he would gain some more weight and resume smoking. The sooner that bastard is out of the picture, the better off we will all be.

Think I'll send him a box of cigars and two dozen doughnuts......

Dave
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Resident octogenarian

Make those glazed doughnuts.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Thank you sir. I don't know whether to feel smug or incensed. Perhaps I can feel smug toward Slow on the Uptake Limbaugh, and furious with Blankenship. I wonder what the odds are that the SOB will be looking for employment. It would be just desserts for him to be held criminally liable for cutting corners on safety, misleading OSHA inspectors or something of the like. It sounds like he has already violated the National Labor Relations Act, but the NLRB has been toothless for years. I'll bet the UAW gets cards from 80% this time, and Blankenship's ugly face will be in the campaign fliers.
As you may already know, both OSHA's and MSHA's enabling legislation allows for criminal prosecution for such matters (willful safety violations that result in fatalities). MSHA has a much softer approach than OSHA in this regard because of a symbiotic relationship with the mine operators and states in which they operate (and OSHA's is pretty soft). In either instance, they must refer such cases to the Justice Department who is only willing to take "slam dunk" cases associated with occupational fatalities (which also happen to have gotten lots of airplay).

Blankenship should be made the poster child for such criminal prosecutions. Due to his political connections, I'm sure we'll hear some sort of political witchhunt rhetoric from this asshole and his enablers if a prosecution goes forward.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Resident octogenarian

He probably should stay out of WVA else some unhappy family member gets the shotgun down from over the mantelpiece.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
He probably should stay out of WVA else some unhappy family member gets the shotgun down from over the mantelpiece.
Maybe he should be sentenced to working in the deepest mines, alongside those workers whose welfare was under his control. Can you just feel the brotherhood. He would be begging for the UMW to come in and improve the conditions for him. (I did find it unbelievably spiteful for him to reject the assistance of the UMW safety team.)

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Make those glazed doughnuts.
And cream filled----with sprinkles. And the cigars? Maduro, and Churchill size,--------------laced with arsenic.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-14-2010 at 11:22 AM.