Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2023, 10:32 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Impending Government Shutdown by MAGA Clowns ...

... is about nothing.

“We are truly heading for the first-ever shutdown about nothing,” said Michael Strain, director of economic policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute, a right-leaning think tank...“The weirdest thing about it is that the Republicans don’t have any demands. What do they want? What is it that they’re going to shut the government down for? We simply don’t know.”

“I frankly don’t understand it — I think it’s sort of nuts. There are times people vote yes one day, and then they come back and vote no the next day, and can’t explain why they switched,” said Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker and a McCarthy ally... “I find it hard to understand what they want, too, because they change constantly — that’s a big part of the problem.” Asked if he has a hard time tracking the insurgents’ demands of McCarthy, Gingrich said yes, adding, “So do they.”

“You can’t have seven reasons, and a different one each week, and expect American people to understand what your point was. In prior fights, there was a focus on why you were doing this. But right now, what would someone watching this on TV be taking away? It’s about too many things, which makes this about nothing,” Grover Norquist said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-gop-seinfeld/