Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Loyal Opposition

Hovind's mess puts him up there with other career criminals like Al Capone. They can't get him for his main scheme, but they can get him for tax evasion. If he had just paid his taxes, he might have had a big career in politics. He can obfuscate with the best/worst of them.

What he was doing seems little different with what Madison Avenue and Wall Street do, albeit Hovind is much sloppier. Lock em all up and let some honest people run things - if Diogenes can find some for us.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
And we think the Taliban's crazy. His kind in our midst frightens me more than any Middle Eastern cave-dweller.
that is exactly how I feel. To see these young adults "learning" from him is frightful and also very sad.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
We need to ask Sarah!

She says man and dinosaurs walked earth together, just like in the movies and dinosaurs go back millions of years.

This guy Dr. Kent Hovind real real smart, like Sarah!
Here he explains it to us just like Sarah would.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2951687298593#
What a clown! At one point in this talk he said that Noah probably didn't need to take both a horse a zebra on the ark because "probably the horse and the zebra had a common ancestor. I wouldn't argue about that but it was... it looked like a horse."

Okay, Einstein. So if Noah didn't take zebras and horses on the ark but took their "common ancestor" what happened to the common ancestor? Did it evolve into horses and zebras? Oh, wait! There's no such thing as evolution! I'm so confused!

John
Old 07-06-2010, 07:02 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
. . .
Indeed, the more we learn through science and other intellectual endeavors, the better we are able to apply the greatest of the moral teaching from the Bible - "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." As we learn more about the consequences of our actions on the environment, on health, on hunger, and on other aspects of living, we can direct our actions to better serve the purposes of the Golden Rule. That use of scientific advances seems to this simple person to be a better means of fulfilling the New Covenant than condemning others because they don't comply with a series of rules developed in the harsh reality of living on this earth thousands of years ago.

Regards,

D-Ray
Or as Rabbi Hillel put it

"That which is distasteful to you, do not do unto others, that is the whole law all the rest is commentary".

The Bible was written by men (mostly) and not fax'ed down from above. Therefore it could not have been produced until such time as mankind had developed 'writing' and some sort of alphabet. The book of Genesis is a sort of mythological view of 'Creation' and any reference to "days' needs a definition of what exactly consitutes a 'day'. The story of Adam and Eve IMHO was the first example of male chauvinism - blame it all on the woman.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Or as Rabbi Hillel put it

"That which is distasteful to you, do not do unto others, that is the whole law all the rest is commentary".

The Bible was written by men (mostly) and not fax'ed down from above. Therefore it could not have been produced until such time as mankind had developed 'writing' and some sort of alphabet. The book of Genesis is a sort of mythological view of 'Creation' and any reference to "days' needs a definition of what exactly consitutes a 'day'. The story of Adam and Eve IMHO was the first example of male chauvinism - blame it all on the woman.
If Adam had kept Eve barefoot and pregnant she wouldn't have had time to listen to the serpent.

Chas
Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
If Adam had kept Eve barefoot and pregnant she wouldn't have had time to listen to the serpent.

Chas
Oh, so that's it, Huh. Blame it all on the man. Maybe if Eve didn't spend all of her time in the garden hanging out with that damn snake..........................

Dave
Old 07-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Area Man

"Oh, Father high in Heaven, smile down upon your son, who's busy with his money games, his women and his guns. Oh, Jesus save me....
And the unsung Western Hero killed and Indian or three, and made his name in Hollywood to set the White Man free.
If Jesus saves, well then, he'd better save himself, from the gory glory seekers who use his name in death.
I saw him in the city, and on the mountains of the Moon. His cross was rather bloody-he could hardly roll his stone."

"So, I asked this God a question, and by way of firm reply,
He said; I'm not the kind of God you wind up on Sundays........"

Guess what I was listeng to as I ate breakfast this morning?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 07-06-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
What a clown! At one point in this talk he said that Noah probably didn't need to take both a horse a zebra on the ark because "probably the horse and the zebra had a common ancestor. I wouldn't argue about that but it was... it looked like a horse."

Okay, Einstein. So if Noah didn't take zebras and horses on the ark but took their "common ancestor" what happened to the common ancestor? Did it evolve into horses and zebras? Oh, wait! There's no such thing as evolution! I'm so confused!

John
Noah was way smart to, like Sarah and him. After all he lived to 900 years old.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
"Oh, Father high in Heaven, smile down upon your son, who's busy with his money games, his women and his guns. Oh, Jesus save me....
And the unsung Western Hero killed and Indian or three, and made his name in Hollywood to set the White Man free.
If Jesus saves, well then, he'd better save himself, from the gory glory seekers who use his name in death.
I saw him in the city, and on the mountains of the Moon. His cross was rather bloody-he could hardly roll his stone."

Dave
from, to this day, my favorite tull album.

edit-saw 'em live in '78 with uriah heep opening. both were great!

Last edited by westgate; 07-06-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

Dave
I hoped you brushed your teeth afterwards to get rid of your stinky Locomotive Breath.