Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:32 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
And at the end of the war, the rest of the world was kind enough to provide them a useless piece of scrub land surrounded by the only people on earth who hate them more than the nazis did.
So the Jews got stuck with Israel?

I never realized that.

Bummer!

And here all this time I thought ya'll wanted Israel.

What was your first choice?

What piece of land did you really want?

Last edited by Tom Joad; 07-22-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It would have been right and righteous to give the Jews a nice parcel of land in Germany. Having a bunch of bureaucrats at the UN hand it to them at the expense of the Palestinians is another issue altogether.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

I never realized that.

Bummer!

Not really the point. And I don't suppose what you thought really means jack shit to Israeli Jews, eh?

PS - my first choice would have been Texas. I suspect you wouldn't have a beef about that wouldja Tommy?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-22-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
It would have been right and righteous to give the Jews a nice parcel of land in Germany. Having a bunch of bureaucrats at the UN hand it to them at the expense of the Palestinians is another issue altogether.
Sure. But it's what they were handed. Maybe you think they should have said...OK but nah...no thanks. We'll just go ahead and stay here and live amongst the hired Polish and Ukrainian extermination camp guards who were worse than the nazis and got away with it, and the rest of the Europeans standing by the side of the tracks as the cattle cars went rolling by, giving the Jews inside the cut-throat sign. Or the anti-Semites in southern France, turning over their neighbors to the SS. Yeh...just stay there and live with those people.

Besides. It was apparently no big deal when, prior to the partition of Israel, the Jordanians decided to annex the West Bank which is apparently "Palestinian" land...or when the Egyptians annexed what is now "Palestinian" land. Nobody was calling the Jordanians or the Egyptians "land grabbers." Nobody was rising up in anger at the unfairness of it being at the expense of the "Palestinians".

It's bullshit. It's the Jews.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 07-22-2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

I never realized that.

Bummer!

Miami beach......
Old 07-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
They were given a part of Kenya, which is now in Uganda, by the British, but a Jewish faction refused on the grounds that it needed land which has the
biblical Judea and Samaria.

Judea and Samaria are in the West Bank.

Last edited by Dondilion; 07-22-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Sure. But it's what they were handed. Maybe you think they should have said...OK but nah...no thanks. We'll just go ahead and stay here and live amongst the hired Polish and Ukrainian extermination camp guards who were worse than the nazis and got away with it, and the rest of the Europeans standing by the side of the tracks as the cattle cars went rolling by, giving the Jews inside the cut-throat sign. Or the anti-Semites in southern France, turning over their neighbors to the SS. Yeh...just stay there and live with those people.

Besides. It was apparently no big deal when, prior to the partition of Israel, the Jordanians decided to annex the West Bank which is apparently "Palestinian" land...or when the Egyptians annexed what is now "Palestinian" land. Nobody was calling the Jordanians or the Egyptians "land grabbers." Nobody was rising up in anger at the unfairness of it being at the expense of the "Palestinians".

It's bullshit. It's the Jews.
Unless and until you travel over there and have a look around (including the West Bank and just the Israeli side of the Gaza wall), you have little idea of what kind of humiliating, dehumanizing shit the Palestinians have put up with for the last 60 years. I met a retired Irish nurse on a bus in the West Bank last November who volunteers in a maternity clinic in Bethlehem. When she flies back to Ireland, authorities at Ben Gurion airport routinely detain her for just enough time to miss her flight home while telling her that they're doing so to dissuade her from helping Palestinians in any way. Before the barrier wall went up, I saw Israeli soldiers stop cars at checkpoints and make older Arab women stand out in the desert sun for hours just because they could.

Take a gander at a map of the Israeli settlements (many "illegal" under Israeli law, yet still supported by Israel) on the West Bank and consider that the Israelis have had an open invitation from the early 1950's to Jews from around the world to come there and settle.

Our news media gives us pretty much half of the story of what is really going on over there and you can guess which half it is.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:45 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Miami beach......
They have that.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Not really the point. And I don't suppose what you thought really means jack shit to Israeli Jews, eh?
So you didn't want Israel, but it was forced on you?

Quote:
PS - my first choice would have been Texas. I suspect you wouldn't have a beef about that wouldja Tommy?
Texas?

No.

If anyone has a claim on Texas it would be the Mexicans.

I agree with Finn.

The right thing would be to give you a nice big chunk of Germany. After all they were the offending party. They should have had to pay.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
We'll just go ahead and stay here and live amongst the hired Polish and Ukrainian extermination camp guards who were worse than the nazis and got away with it, and the rest of the Europeans standing by the side of the tracks as the cattle cars went rolling by, giving the Jews inside the cut-throat sign. Or the anti-Semites in southern France, turning over their neighbors to the SS. Yeh...just stay there and live with those people.
Why not?

There are a lot of black people living in the former slave and Jim Crow states.