Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:31 AM

Yeah, y'all don't even wanna KNOW what I'd like to do to 'em...
Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 AM

Gentlemen/Ladies...whats happening? Am I wrong or is there MORE sexual violence being commited against women and children?
I am a loss to understand.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:15 AM
Abby Normal

Most studies show that this is not the case. (thankfully)
What is considerably different is our awareness.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:43 AM

You're prolly right, there may not be any more, its just we hear about it a lot more readily now...I'm surprised this hasn't got more play than it has, they're trying to work the "Race" angle on it...The victims were white, not upper-class, but just from good, hard-working families, the defendants are all black, poor, products of "Da Hood". I think what has got people so stirred up is the incredibly violent nature of these murders, the senselessness of it all.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Regardless of the statistics I feel it is more than just 'awareness', what is nerve wracking is to check on how many 'registered' pedophiles are living closer than you would like. People think we are odd because the doors are locked at all times, except for when we step outside. The reason is that beating up on older people has become the latest pastime here. They just put a guy in for life with no chance of parole for attacking four widows.

I can easily believe that young people are also targetted. A young man and his girlfriend were hijacked, the locked him in the trunk while assulting his girlfriend. One slight consolation is that these perps will find out just what rape means when they toss them in jail.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Regardless of the statistics I feel it is more than just 'awareness', what is nerve wracking is to check on how many 'registered' pedophiles are living closer than you would like. People think we are odd because the doors are locked at all times, except for when we step outside. The reason is that beating up on older people has become the latest pastime here. They just put a guy in for life with no chance of parole for attacking four widows.

I can easily believe that young people are also targetted. A young man and his girlfriend were hijacked, the locked him in the trunk while assulting his girlfriend. One slight consolation is that these perps will find out just what rape means when they toss them in jail.
Well, we still don't lock our doors except when we're on vacation. But No.1 dog (miniature American Eskimo) will wake the dead if anything out of the ordinary happens.

About 20 yrs ago my wife and myself went fishing in a local creek, waded quite a ways up it before we returned. When we got back to the road, we discovered a gang of maybe 15 rough looking toughs were having a beer party, had our way blocked, and my old van blocked in also. They didn't look very friendly whenever they 1st saw us.

But it happened that both of us were carrying revolvers in shoulder rigs. Once we got close enough for them to see that we were armed, they made complete asses of themselves moving their vehicles for us, almost kissing our asses trying to be polite. I'm sure had we not been armed they would have not been nearly so accommodating. And my wife agrees with me.

Amazing how something as mundane as a hog leg in a shoulder holster tends to make people more agreeable.

Chas
Old 08-29-2009, 11:54 PM

Well put, Chas

Erin
Old 08-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Anytime I start to rethink my stance on the death penalty a story like this comes along.

Hang this fucker by his balls over a tank full of sharks and then shoot his balls off !
Old 08-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Anytime I start to rethink my stance on the death penalty a story like this comes along.

Hang this fucker by his balls over a tank full of sharks and then shoot his balls off !
Exactly, there is a time and place for the death penalty, it's just hard to draw a line.

As I said this is a no brainer for a torturous prolonged public death
Old 08-30-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Perhaps if we returned to the noose, rather difficult to set up a gas chamber or electric chair in the town square. But then you have the problem of sometimes executing innocent people given the fact that juries are not always perfect.

And what about the neighbor who looked the other way? Is he guilty of aiding and abetting?
Nothing is perfect, there are errors in everything we do.
In my opinion, anyone who is found guilty of this type of crime to a child should get the firing squad. Actually, if I had my way I would let the victims shoot the scum if they wanted to. No need to feed, and house these kinds of animals, for 40 years in prison, just get rid of them.

REgarding the neighbor. He didn't aid and abet, his just ignored the whole thing. His actions sure speak volumes about how many folks today, just don't want to get involved. They are afraid of the lawsuits that might happen as a result of their involvement. The wife didn't have to listen to him, she could have had a mind of her own and called the cops.

So many folks made mistakes here. It is sad really. I hope she gets some good counseling for her and the two girls, and can work through this and lead a happy life from here on out. If that is even possible after what she has been through.