Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Well i certainly respect the fact that you are jaded but clearly Bush made no secret that he supported big business over you and I and Obie at least makes an effort to help the little guy.

The problem with Ob is he's forgetting business, middle and upper class. The world is made up of many class of people. Now I can only speak for myself when I say like it or not we try to do our share but out right supporting, housing, feeding, clothing and everything else of them is not my responsibility the way our great country is run and how people look at each other now.

Obama is going about this the wrong way. You cannot force people to change. They have to want too. Our race, and by that I mean the human race, has a long way to go. What I mean is we need to want to care about others as people, not for the color of their skin or class. Will that happen ? I have faith that we will but no time soon.

Botton line is hes not Robin Hood and we ain't the kings barons to rob to feed his people. We are all his people and until he understands that were all screwed..
Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 PM

I think I would feel a LOT more sympathetic & charitable towards "The Poor" if 1/2-2/3 of everything I have/had/made wasn't basically confiscated to do my "fair share" of taking care of them...And it doesn't seem to ever have done any good...They're still poor.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The problem with Ob is he's forgetting business, middle and upper class. The world is made up of many class of people. Now I can only speak for myself when I say like it or not we try to do our share but out right supporting, housing, feeding, clothing and everything else of them is not my responsibility the way our great country is run and how people look at each other now.

Obama is going about this the wrong way. You cannot force people to change. They have to want too. Our race, and by that I mean the human race, has a long way to go. What I mean is we need to want to care about others as people, not for the color of their skin or class. Will that happen ? I have faith that we will but no time soon.

Botton line is hes not Robin Hood and we ain't the kings barons to rob to feed his people. We are all his people and until he understands that were all screwed..

I tend to agree with you but I just don't see that things are as you suggest.
Supporting policies such as Bush's left us supporting the wealthy. The rich became mega rich with our tax monies. What I am saying is that if we are going to help people it should be those with no home or food and not people with private planes.
What the right does well is to get folks to vote against their own self interest by creating an illusion that they poor are lazy and that the middle class will benefit from policies that support corporate welfare.
Think about it folks. Just look at banking, insurance, pharmasutacials.......
Old 09-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Resident octogenarian

Come on people, while I was still working total income was in six figures and tax never was as great as 1/3 of that. We are among the least taxed people in the world and our infrastructure shows it. Some people would kick if they were playing football.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I think I would feel a LOT more sympathetic & charitable towards "The Poor" if 1/2-2/3 of everything I have/had/made wasn't basically confiscated to do my "fair share" of taking care of them...
This is so not the case. Take the time to research where your monies really goes. Please.

Quote:
And it doesn't seem to ever have done any good...They're still poor.
The few programs we have have been very very helpful.

I just cannot understand supporting the wealthy and hating the poor. It just amazes me.

Last edited by noonereal; 09-27-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:31 AM

I'm taxed when I make it, I'm taxed when I spend it. The state taxes the taxes I paid to the Feds. I pay taxes for services that I do not use. People get back more on a tax return than they paid in, because they have children they cannot afford. It will be taxed again when I die and leave it to somebody (I got a plan to fool them there, won't be any left).

I'm sure it is just capitalist rhetoric that the average person works thru May to pay their taxes.

If you are late, you pay interest though when they give you your own money back, (that they have borrowed for a few months) there is no interest,hmmm.

It would take a tractor-trailer to move a single copy of the tax code, and I'm supposed to think that I am not over taxed. Hard, very hard to accept.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Well i certainly respect the fact that you are jaded but clearly Bush made no secret that he supported big business over you and I and Obie at least makes an effort to help the little guy.
What exactly has Obama done for the little guy?

Is cap and trade going to help the little guy? If General Electric thinks it's a grand idea, then I have my doubts.

Is taxing big American corporations going to help the little guy? Only if you think paying more for goods and services while your job moves overseas is helping.

And while universal health care is a lovely idea, it looks more and more like a redistribution of the wealth scheme. Just ask a little guy who is forced to buy insurance or pay a fine if it's helping him.

BTW, where did all of the stimilus money go? Ain't nobody sent me a nickle yet. Reckon the big boys are still hoarding it.

Obama is playing the class warfare game. He talks about how he's going to help the poor, then attempts to enact policies that will hurt the little guy the worst.

Now I can't lay everything at Obama's feet, it's congress who writes the laws. And the politicians have a history of calling a bill one thing while it does exactly the opposite. Their corporate sponsors get a big kick out of it.

Kind of like the new and improved candy bar. When you open it up you find the candy bar is smaller, the only thing new and improved is the package it comes in.

The name of the game is the same...ante up fellers.

Chas
Old 09-27-2009, 09:43 AM

Thats the truth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post
(I got a plan to fool them there, won't be any left).
The government will make sure of that. Banks have been sending information on reverse mortgages to SSI reciipients...where do they get their information? Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:51 AM

Of coarse...it just came to ME!!! Why direct deposit of SSI! Of coarse the government already knows your bank information. Hummmmmm and they own banks.... I better watch what i say...I might be accused of watching Beck...Heh..

Last edited by painter; 09-27-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post
I'm taxed when I make it, I'm taxed when I spend it. The state taxes the taxes I paid to the Feds. I pay taxes for services that I do not use. People get back more on a tax return than they paid in, because they have children they cannot afford. It will be taxed again when I die and leave it to somebody (I got a plan to fool them there, won't be any left).

I'm sure it is just capitalist rhetoric that the average person works thru May to pay their taxes.

If you are late, you pay interest though when they give you your own money back, (that they have borrowed for a few months) there is no interest,hmmm.

It would take a tractor-trailer to move a single copy of the tax code, and I'm supposed to think that I am not over taxed. Hard, very hard to accept.
Bingo, buddy ! When my granmother passed in 2002 at 104, there was a "substantial" estate...By the time the Infernal Rip-You-Off Servitute boys got done w/us, they'd got 78% of it...We had enuff left to pay the lawyers, the women that stayed w/her 24/7 for the last 18 months of her life, & that was it. When you have an estate of somewhere between $1 million to about $5 million or so, which is where I think this was, the tax code's set up to Rip You A New One...And yes, ALL my gran's estate had been taxed at the full amount all along, its not like we were tax cheats or anything...Where's the "fairness" in that ?!? I got her house, which I subsequently sold, & was told I was lucky I didn't have to pay taxes on THAT...I mean, I'm no lawyer or accountant, my granparents worked hard all their lives, scrimped & saved, never doling much of it out, played by the rules, & we still got zapped...