Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Well, that sucks. But I have to point something out- you're angry because the government plan to help people can't help you? So, Obama would be better in your eyes if he had done nothing.

Starting to understand how people liked Bush. Nothing was something he was very good at doing, at least for people in this country. But I do hear about all the great schools and hospitals we're building in Iraq. I guess education and health care for Iraqi citizens are big priorities for American taxpayers.

Not making light of anyone's financial situation though. I thank God everyday that so far I'm still doing okay. Certainly don't feel confidant that it will last forever. If the bottom does fall out for me I sure hope we haven't gutted every service that may have helped.

Short answer yes.

Why is it to help some people ( who are usually of color ) and not all.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:09 PM

My "everything" is and has gone up substantially. Property Tax (even though value is way down) along with Homeowners insurance, Tuition, Auto, Food... Everything.

Just wait until the VAT kicks in. It's coming like a freight train.

Thank God, I will have affordable health care. Oh, thats right, thats going to cost me also.

RC
Old 10-21-2009, 12:10 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

I stand corrected. I would urge anyone to check the Snopes link Fast Eddie provided. I will say that the quote Eddie has under my name is part of the article and not from me directly.

I will try to remember to check things like this a little closer before I post them in the future.

Sorry for the misinformation,

John
Old 10-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Resident octogenarian

Yeah, where did this BS about the cost of living not having gone up. I had an appraisal done on the house, licenced appraiser, came in at $615,000. Sent a copy of the cover page to the state and county, they still have us at $630,000. The letter did not say to FO but they may as well have. Homeowners insurance and auto insurance up, gas up, food up - and you have to eat the veggies on the way to your car before they go rotten.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
...and you have to eat the veggies on the way to your car before they go rotten.

I know what you are saying Rob, whats up with that???

We have gotten to a point around here where we are buying fresh vegies twice as often because seem to be going south on the drive home from the store. A couple of different stores around here seem to have the same problem lately.

The other day, we were hungry for some fresh green beans. I sorted through damn near a hay bail of them and couldn't even come up with enough for dinner. It wasn't like they were giving them away either

You think they would just call a "do-over" and throw all that crap out. It's obvious it isn't selling or not moving fast enough anyway.

RC
Old 10-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I stand corrected. I would urge anyone to check the Snopes link Fast Eddie provided. I will say that the quote Eddie has under my name is part of the article and not from me directly.

I will try to remember to check things like this a little closer before I post them in the future.

Sorry for the misinformation,

John
WTF, a political chat page and someone is admitting a mistake.

Actually, John here's a nod of respect to you.

Someday, I might learn what it's like to make a mistage.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 10-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, where did this BS about the cost of living not having gone up. I had an appraisal done on the house, licenced appraiser, came in at $615,000. Sent a copy of the cover page to the state and county, they still have us at $630,000. The letter did not say to FO but they may as well have. Homeowners insurance and auto insurance up, gas up, food up - and you have to eat the veggies on the way to your car before they go rotten.

I feel your pain. Our house has decreased in value by at least 35-40,000 and my taxes went up by a couple of hundred a year. That was not enough so our city has a vote in Nov to raise them again. My guess is it will be the first time we even got a unanimous result.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
With my wife taking a substantial pay cut we thought it may be for the best to request a loan modification for our mortgage. The big O guy says hes gonna help and and who am I to turn it down.

Got the paperwork packet in the mail today from the mortgage company. Under the Financial Stability Plan my payments will go up $263.15 a month.

What the fuck ? Am I the wrong color. FUCK the gooberment and the horse they rode in on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-s...-think-2009-10

Grumpy, yer just doin' sumptin' wrong.

Chas
Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
We're just not printing money fast enough. More money you got, more shit you can buy.

Inflation, the fairest tax of all. Affects those with assets the most.

Chas
Old 10-22-2009, 08:23 AM

A little something in regards to the original intent of the thread. Please pay particular attention to paragraph 5.

http://news.lp.findlaw.com/ap/a/w/11...002027_36.html

I guess Hillary hired travel people for the prez from her time in the "House", hey!!